The Orchard (A wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment ) is seeking an organised and motivated Manager, Digital Operations to join our Digital Operations team.
The primary responsibilities for this role include acting as a technical account manager with our digital retail network, monitoring the delivery and supply chain, document and perform exception handling processes.
Who We Are:
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.
The Orchard ( A wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment ) is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
- Utilize The Orchard’s internal product to deliver albums to digital retailers worldwide
- Act as Operations contact for DSP partners
- Act as primary Operations contact for our Label Management staff in EMEA
- Create and maintain reports monitoring the VECTOR delivery product
- Liaise with retail partners and The Orchard Product team to optimize throughput
- Communicate regularly with top retailers, particularly in EMEA, to ensure all technical issues are addressed
- Monitor compliance with partner specifications and style guides
- Closely monitor retailer delivery backlogs and work effectively to lower them
- Integrate new retail partners onto the VECTOR product and coordinate back catalog delivery
- Document retail partners’ on-store behavior for use in product improvement
- Monitor live status, pricing, charting, and track linking of products on DSP storefronts using third party tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multitasking and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with XML required. Knowledge of DDEX ERN strongly preferred
- Experience with SFTP and S3 clients, Command Prompt programs (including iTunes Transporter), Looker, and SQL
- Experience working with CMS and DAM systems
- Experience working with international retail partners
- Experience managing third party vendors to support storefront audits, chart reporting, and content ID fingerprinting
- Extensive knowledge of audio and video encoding formats
- Flexible team player who assists in a wide range of operations tasks and projects as they arise
- Willingness to go above and beyond what’s expected in order to keep The Orchard’s priority deliveries as smooth as possible