Title: Label Manager
Location: London, United Kingdom
The Orchard has an immediate opening for an experienced Label Manager to join its London office. Managing key relationships you will be the first point of contact for a bespoke roster of distributed labels and artists across a variety of genres.
You will act as a constant and reliable source of advice and expertise for your clients, always striving to add maximum value to their numerous releases and campaigns. You must have a minimum of two years relevant experience at a distributor, label or management company.
A passion for music and the industry are a must. Your professional and confident approach will enable you to build and maintain incredibly strong relationships with labels and artist management, as well as key external partners, agencies and suppliers.
The Orchard is a fast-paced environment, you’ll have plenty of support but we’ll also need you to stand on your own two feet, to work independently, conscientiously and with an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, our focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
What you will do
- Be the first point of contact and maintain day-to-day relationships for a varied portfolio of clients
- Liaise with internal departments, from operations, product, sales and marketing to finance, legal and management to ensure all clients’ business needs are satisfied.
- Oversee scheduling of releases, ensuring deadlines are met and all represented sales and marketing needs are managed across digital and physical in the UK and abroad.
- Manage physical product logistics, ensuring all stock requirements and deadlines are met.
- Proof digital metadata using Orchard technology systems to ensure all releases are delivered to required specifications and in a timely manner.
- Strategize and manage priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments, including retail marketing, digital marketing and advertising and any external partners including press, radio and marketing agencies.
- Supply Sales departments with all materials necessary for selling releases into retail with maximum impact.
- Consistently inform and educate labels with current and developing best practice across all business areas. Develop knowledge and relationships across the industry.
- Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across client base.
- Represent The Orchard at events and conferences as required.
Who you are
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in a music distributor, label or management environment
- A strong understanding of digital distribution, metadata requirements and digital marketing.
- Highly experienced in the creation and distribution life cycle of physical releases and associated deadlines from production through release date.
- Established relationships with a variety of publicists, press and radio companies.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business and the capacity to identify key relationships and develop them accordingly.
- A willingness to approach new areas of business, with a positive and considered attitude.
- Awareness of changes and developments in the industry, with particular emphasis on competitor activity.
- Strong industry network and relationships within the independent label space.
- Fluent in English, additional languages desirable but not essential.
- Able to travel as required.
The ideal candidate is
- Patient and empathetic with all clients from label owners and artist managers to interns.
- Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic with an innate desire to understand the needs of clients.
- A brilliant all round communicator – on phone, email and in person.
- Someone with supreme attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Resourceful and takes the initiative – an expert troubleshooter.
- Passionate about music and the music industry with drive and enthusiasm to excel.