The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Classics specialist to manage key classical label relationships across Europe and beyond.
Essential to this role is a solid understanding of classical repertoire including an understanding of the complexities of classical metadata and the unique needs of classical labels and orchestras when it comes to digital operations and marketing. The role will involve working with labels and Orchard marketing teams across the globe to create compelling retail and interactive campaigns and liaising with labels on general digital strategy. While a degree in music is not compulsory, a love for and knowledge of classical music and other associated genres is a must.
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with key classics labels from around the world, with a focus on UK and Europe.
- Manage product logistics, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required internal & retailer specifications, using Orchard technology systems and external systems as required.
- Proof classical metadata on all incoming releases and provide feedback to labels where necessary. This requires a solid understanding of classical repertoire and the associated retail and industry standards.
- Strategize and manage priority release campaign logistics from timely inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary, including interactive marketing and advertising.
- Work cross functionally with classics and global marketing teams to create compelling pitches and campaigns for retail.
- Work with other team members to educate, train and assist in classical best practice as required
- Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across the client base.
- Liaise with various departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management to ensure all labels business needs are met.
- Represent The Orchard Classics and internal and external events and conferences as required.
- Develop industry relationships in the classics space, across accounts, labels and media.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a classical label or distributor environment.
- Music degree not required, but a solid working knowledge of classical repertoire and an understanding of work and movement structure, composers, composer catalogue numbers, etc. is essential.
- A strong understanding of digital distribution and marketing (both retail and online) is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to liaise with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong industry network and relationships within the classics space.
- Fluent in English with additional languages desirable.
- Able to travel as required.