Label Coordinator overview
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Skepta, Jorja Smith, Albert Hammond Jr. and Ezra Collective.
With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world.
At The Orchard, our focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
We are currently looking for someone to join the team that manages and supports our large and growing roster of distributed record labels and artists. You’ll be working alongside some really experienced Label Managers to help support them and learn the skills needed to manage your own roster.
The role will be fast paced and challenging, but with plenty of support. While experience of label management would be ideal, more important are a passion for music and a desire to learn.
Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills are essential and you must be an outstanding communicator with empathy and patience – label management is all about relationships.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with a select roster of mainly UK clients.
- Proof digital metadata using Orchard technology systems to ensure all releases are delivered to required specifications and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with various departments, from sales and marketing to legal, finance and management, to ensure all clients’ business needs are met.
- Consistently inform and educate labels with current and developing best practice.
- Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across client base.
- Develop knowledge and relationships across the industry.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- An understanding of the music distribution landscape, particularly digital supply chain.
- At least 1 years experience in a distributor, label or management company.
- Highly advanced organisational skills. Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking and follow-through skills are a must.
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- Patient and empathetic with all clients from label owners and artist managers to interns.
- Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic with an innate desire to understand the needs of clients.
- A brilliant all round communicator – on phone, email and in person.
- Someone with supreme attention to detail and follow-through skills.
- Resourceful and takes the initiative – an expert troubleshooter.
- Passionate about music and the music industry with drive and enthusiasm to excel.