Company: The Orchard
Title: Label Coordinator
Location: Berlin, Germany
The Orchard is looking for a label coordinator to join the team that manages and supports our large and growing roster of distributed record labels and artists. You will play a key role in helping our artists and labels deliver music to their fans.
The role will be fast paced and challenging and we will provide you with plenty of support. You’ll have your own dedicated roster of labels and will be working alongside some really experienced Label Managers in order to learn, grow and develop your skills further.
The ability to multi-task and prioritise to tight deadlines is essential and you must be an outstanding communicator with empathy and patience – label management is all about relationships. This is great role for someone early in their career who wants to build on their experience.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain day-to-day relationships with a select roster of clients
- Proof digital metadata using Orchard technology systems to ensure all releases are delivered to required specifications and in a timely manner
- Manage physical catalogue needs for a select group of labels – restocks, overstocks and deletions
- Liaise with various departments, from sales and marketing to legal, finance and management, to ensure all clients’ business needs are met
- Consistently inform and educate labels with current and developing best practice
- Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across client base
- Develop knowledge and relationships across the industry
Who You Are:
- You are fluent/native speaker of German and English with strong verbal and written communication.
- You have an understanding of the local music industry and digital landscape
- Experience at a music distributor, label or management company is highly desirable
- Highly advanced organizational skills. Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking and follow-through skills are a must
- Friendly, patient, approachable and enthusiastic with an innate desire to learn the industry and understand the needs of clients
- A brilliant all round communicator – on phone, email and in person
- Resourceful and takes the initiative – an expert troubleshooter
- Passionate about music and the music industry with drive and enthusiasm to excel
About the Orchard:
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini.
With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world.
At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.