This role focuses on the development and management of an assigned roster of labels at the industry’s leading independent music distributor and label services company.
The position will act as a relationship, strategy, sales and marketing manager for key labels and retail accounts in The Benelux.
This person should have a strong passion, knowledge, network and excitement for independent music and label development, an understanding of the current retail landscape and opportunities, experience with metadata best practices, a creative spirit and solid communication skills.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Skepta, Jorja Smith, Albert Hammond Jr. and Ezra Collective. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, our focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
- Manage relationships with distributed music clients across a variety of genres, including high touch frontline and high volume catalogue labels.
- Manage day-to-day retail relationships and present marketing pitches to all local digital music services in The Benelux, following established Orchard pitch process.
- Liaise with various internal departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management, to ensure all client and retail partner business needs are met.
- Utilize The Orchard’s internal data and analytics tools to inform marketing and sales decisions.
- Ensure the global sales and marketing organisation has all assets to properly solicit and market priority releases.
- Manage local client release communication and logistics, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems.
- Lead in business reviews with assigned priority labels.
- Support operational needs of local Artist Services managed campaigns as needed.
- Act as local industry representative.
- Passion for independent music and label / artist development.
- Strong experience and understanding of the local music industry and digital landscape.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills (both written and verbal) and professional diplomacy.
- Sales and marketing experience across digital and physical platforms.
- Supreme attention to detail, multi-tasking, and follow-through skills required.
- Highly advanced organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise to tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of the music retail landscape and best practices.
- Understanding of, and experience with, artist development.
- Fluency in verbal and written English is preferred.
The ideal candidate is:
- A self-driven problem solver and leader.
- Collaborative with other departments.
- Technologically savvy.
- A people person with the strong interpersonal skills.
- An effective communicator on phone, email, and in person.
- Resourceful and takes initiative – an expert troubleshooter.
- Passionate about the music business and has a strong network.