The Orchard is a fast growing company that is leading the way in both the distribution and artist service sectors.
We have 42 offices worldwide and are extremely proud of the international approach to the business we take. The range of music we work with is both comprehensive and exciting, providing a challenging and rewarding experience for all our employees.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Head of Sales & Marketing to join us in the UK, you will be responsible for managing The Orchard’s local and global repertoire in the UK market; as well as driving a talented team of local Account Managers.
As the Head of Sales & Marketing for the UK, you will be responsible for managing The Orchard’s local and global repertoire in the UK market as well as driving a talented team of local account managers. You will work directly with our local and international teams across our extensive catalogue of labels and artist projects. You would be representing The Orchard with labels, managers and artists giving you the opportunity to guide and develop their UK strategy.
- You would be managing a team of 4 experienced and passionate Account Managers.
- You would be responsible for driving maximum promotions and exposure for The Orchard in the UK and Ireland across all digital formats.
- You will have the opportunity to enhance the performance of the team through continued training and education and tracking progress via monitoring all key accounts in the region.
- In addition you would account manage local key retailer Apple Music. Within this you would be required to look after systemic pitches across our release schedule to in depth marketing plans on a project basis.
- You would be required to analyse data to continually monitior ROI and impact of initiatives. By utilising Orchards tools and technology to track and analyse data points, creating metrics and informative data around content performance.
- We would like you to consistently think in a creative way and develop creative solutions across marketing projects, services and internal workflow.
- To be a true Ambassador for The Orchard UK, representing the business in meetings with current and prospective clients, accurately representing the services we provide as well as an expert source of knowledge and insight into the UK digital market.
- In addition you would work closely with the international teams within The Orchard and drive international priorities in the UK market.
- Extensive or proven experience in digital retail with a good understanding of digital distribution
- Excellent knowledge of the streaming landscape with strong knowledge of all leading digital retail platforms (Apple, Spotify, Amazon, Youtube etc)
- An existing network of contacts within the industry and an aptitude to develop new relationships
- Proven experience to manage a team of skilled and driven individuals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical mind, the ability to work with numbers and data and translate this into strategy to improve results
- Familiarity with Excel, Powerpoint, Word
The Orchard is a pioneering music distribution company operating in more than 40 global markets. We provide innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing solutions for content owners working with such diverse artists such as Skepta, Jorja Smith, The Cribs, Passenger and Run The Jewels. With an industry-leading technology platform, The Orchard’s creative and tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and physical outlets around the world. The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. For further information, please visit www.theorchard.com.