The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Stockholm-based territory lead.
The position will lead the local team and act as relationship, strategy, and contact for key labels in Sweden.
Driving efficient communication and best practices, setting and attaining goals, developing staff, and articulating and operationalising the company’s value proposition is critical to the candidate’s success.
The role will also maintain high-level relationships across the industry. The ideal candidate will successfully elevate the company’s revenue and profile within the current client and retail base, and act as the primary conduit for new business opportunities to drive the business.
- Manage relationships with distributed music clients across a variety of genres, including high touch frontline and high volume catalogue labels.
- As part of the senior management team across the Nordic region drive further cooperation within the Nordic region and grow our markets as a team, both through local releases and by international representation of the Orchard’s catalogue.
- Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across the client base.
- Liaise with various internal departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management, to ensure all client and retail partner business needs are met.
- Management of HR, payroll, expenses in tandem with Sony SE and Orchard NYC.
- Key liaison with Sony SE for company integration & ongoing management purposes: – HR, IT, expenses, travel, compliance, training & development, recruitment etc.
- Create and maintain a collaborative work environment; ensure staff stay focused, on target, and on message.
- Provide support and oversight as needed, including but not limited to content acquisition, operations, business development, collections, sales & marketing, video services.
- Provide support by driving weekly management meetings, communicating company policy changes and projects that impact the territory, providing quarterly label revenue reports and analysis, business reviews, assisting in training and team management as needed.
- Support local development of other business lines such as artist royalties and sync.
- Motivate and inspire the Swedish team to exceed goals and expectations on an ongoing basis, providing support, encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Act as local industry representative attending events and conferences as required.
Qualifications / Experience
- Strong experience and understanding of the local music industry and the digital landscape.
- Experience within a label or distribution company managing catalogues, frontline releases and relationships.
- Expertise using content management systems and digital metadata across a variety of genres.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- BA or BS degree in related field or equivalent experience require.
- Highly advanced organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Swedish and English, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally.
- Passionate about Independent music, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required and able to travel internationally.
About The Orchard
The Orchard, a pioneering independent music distribution company operating in 42 global markets, provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners.
With industry-leading technology and operations, The Orchard’s creative, tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets around the world, as well as physical retailers in North America and Europe.
The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. We provide innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing solutions for content owners working and diverse local artists such as Den svenska björnstammen, Pale Honey, Sound Pollution and Dumont Dumont as well as international artists such as Skepta, Jorja Smith, BTS, and Run the Jewels.
CV’s and cover letters to be sent to [email protected]