Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history.
Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America. Sony Music Entertainment is seeking an individual to help work on initiatives related to The Orchard and its products.
The Orchard is a leading independent music, film and video distribution company distributing music from artists such as Ozuna, G Herbo, and Nina Nesbitt as well as acclaimed movies like The Dawn Wall, Bart Layton’s American Animals, and Oscar-nominated films Life, Animated and Cartel Land. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a Director, Greater China (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong) The ideal candidate will successfully elevate the company’s revenue and profile with the current client and retail base, and act as a primary conduit for new business opportunities to drive the business.
- Manage relationships with distributed music clients across a variety of genres, including high touch frontline and high volume catalogue labels.
- Attract, sign, and retain new talent in order to grow The Orchard’s direct to artist business.
- Oversee high level retail relationships and ensure best practices across all retail outlets. Manage, coordinate, and optimize local physical supply chain, troubleshoot any issues across the supply chain and ensure accurate reporting.
- Manage and coordinate all local office, and HR related matters (vacation planning, equipment requirements, and any other office requirements, etc.).
- Liase and coordinate between local SME departments and Orchard HQ.
- Strategize and manage priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary.
- Manage local label release communication and logistics, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to the required specifications using Orchard technology systems.
- Drive product adoption of The Orchard’s tools and services across the client base.
- Act as local industry representative attending events and conferences as required.
- Assist with content acquisition and business development.
- Liase with various internal departments, from finance and marketing to legal and management, to ensure all client and retail partner business needs are met.
- Strong experience and understanding of the local and international music industry and digital landscape.
- Experience within a label or distribution company managing catalogues, frontline releases and relationships.
- Expertise using content management systems and digital metadata across a variety of genres.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines.
- Music connoisseur and lover, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required and able to travel internationally.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.