The Orchard is hiring a Director, Artist & Label Services to join our NYC office. Acting as the voice of multiple artist projects internally and externally, you will build and execute creative marketing campaigns on a daily basis with an aim to grow artist audiences and project impact across the market.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a team player and leader, devising and implementing creative and effective marketing campaigns across priority artists that will engage and grow audiences while driving music consumption
- Work alongside the Artist & Label Services management team to collaborate on business strategies and help create a blueprint to implement with the wider team
- Highlight industry trends and creative marketing opportunities; Actively search out new partnerships to strategically grow in key areas within the music and new media landscape
- Collaborate constructively and proactively with internal departments such as sales, branding, digital marketing, sync, press, radio and more to maximize opportunities and reach targets
- Drive and participate in creative planning to support immediate and long term strategy for artist projects and departmental growth; build and deliver presentations to support these strategies to key members of staff and artist partners
- Proactively identify potential growth areas and key viral moments to implement reactive marketing strategies; highlight areas for discovery to maximize such opportunities
- Administer and track in real-time each project’s marketing spends, work with finance team to understand the impact of marketing initiatives on the artist’s overall performance
- Liaise with artist management on implementing marketing ideas and efforts while facilitating delivery of audio assets, metadata, and artwork on time and in line with Orchard specifications and to ensure production process stays on schedule
- 6+ years of experience creatively and successfully marketing music product and building audiences within a label or artist management, with experience managing a team
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the local music industry and digital landscape from implementing artist campaigns, marketing strategies, and related concepts
- Established network in the industry and the ability to develop and maintain high level relationships
- Deep understanding of all streaming and social platforms (both emerging and established) and the behaviors specific to each
- Proficiency in digital productivity landscape including Microsoft Office, presentation building and various research/analytics tools
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required and ability to travel and a willingness to attend industry events and shows
What We Give You
- An opportunity to influence music on a global stage
- A modern, diverse and creative work environment, with offices that include collaboration areas, event spaces, and more
- An investment in your learning & development
- A comprehensive and attractive benefits package including healthcare coverage, life insurance, generous leave policies, 401K + employer matching, Winter recess (Christmas through New Year’s), voluntary benefits, industry-leading mental health and fertility coverage, family resources and education financial assistance
About The Orchard
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in 45 markets worldwide – distributing music from independent artists including Ozuna, Skepta, Jorja Smith, and Kelsea Ballerini. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with labels of all sizes to make their music and video available across hundreds of digital and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.