Director, A&R and Artist & Label Partnerships
The Orchard is seeking a highly connected and entrepreneurial individual to join its Artist & Label Partnerships team. The Director, A&R and Artist & Label Partnerships will be responsible for signings for both, the distribution arm as well as for the Artist Services division.
They will join a team of closers, working both individually and collaboratively to source and close deals on behalf of The Orchard and its portfolio of in-house brands.
What you will do
- Bring in direct artist and label deals (distribution and A&LS) and referrals to existing Orchard labels across multiple genres.
- Manage high-level ongoing relationships with artists and labels, ensuring that relationship is stable before contract renewal discussions arise.
- Support the client with ad hoc troubleshooting and issues, working closely with label management as needed to shepherd them through opportunities across the company.
- Assemble all necessary materials to support the deal process. This is inclusive of proformas, pitch decks, onesheets and workstation videos.
- Provide support to other closers on priority pitches and potential deals sourced by our senior leadership team.
- Attend industry events, artist shows and meetings to grow your network and elevate The Orchard’s profile.
- Coordinate globally with Orchard staff for pitches with potential artist and label signings.
- Identify additional opportunities to grow The Orchard’s catalog.
- Initiate collaborations between artists
- Consult selected artists regarding songs and recordings
Who you are
- Proven track record sourcing leads and building relationships that ultimately result in new business.
- Strong network of creators across the label and artist community, the ability to spot trends early, and outside the mainstream.
- Ability to source new opportunities through research, social media, attending live shows and events, and building a referral community.
- Ability to model and close potential opportunities and manage ongoing high level client relationships.
- Excellent time management, organization, and communication skills.
- High proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to analyze data and build presentation worthy decks.
- Experience with accounting and financial statements.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.