The Orchard has an immediate opening for the position of Artist Marketing Manager, reporting into the Director of Artist Marketing.
Working alongside the Director of Artist Marketing the Artist Marketing Manager will effectively and creatively manage all aspects of marketing campaigns for assigned Orchard artists as approved artist services campaigns.
The candidate will manage all marketing activity in line with commercial objectives and approved budget. Build and maintain strong relationships with artist management, key internal departments and external agencies/suppliers.
- Supporting Director on preparation of campaign plans for assigned artists in line with best marketing and planning processes, as well as managing own campaigns as assigned.
- Effectively manage marketing spend in line with approved budget and project KPIs.
- Generating and supervising integrated, cost effective and profitable D2C campaigns.
- Ensure timely delivery of all aspects of the marketing campaign in line with core project and approval route milestones.
- Expedite ‘best practise’ in all aspects of campaign execution. Timely delivery and being on budget are as important as creativity.
- Keep aware of the trends and opportunities that provide us with a chance to market the artist effectively.
- Work effectively to deliver an overall campaign that reflects the vision and goals of the artist, management or label alongside the strategy of the agreed marketing plan.
- Communicating with management and artists on a regular basis to address concerns, manage expectations and generally maintain a good working relationship.
- Work cross functionally with other departments (such as label management, interactive marketing, retail marketing, physical, international, sync) to ensure flow of information throughout the campaign and to provide new business opportunities.
- Supply physical and digital sales teams with all materials necessary for selling releases into retail with maximum impact.
- Sharing information around acts with press & promotion departments so that each side has necessary tools for maximising impact across media.
- As part of the team, maximise possibilities for international release through careful co-ordination of plan with international department.
- Be aware of changes and developments in the music market, with particular emphasis on competitor activity.
- Represent The Orchard in meetings with existing and potential artists & artist management.
- Represent The Orchard, including attending gigs and spreading the word.
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience within a label or artist management dealing with frontline release campaigns
- Knowledge and experience of artist and label services including campaign management, budget management and physical distribution.
- Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
- Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively across all levels of business, both internally and externally.
- Resourceful, accountable, and takes initiative – an expert troubleshooter
- Passionate about independent music and artist development
The Orchard is a pioneering music and video distribution company operating in more than 35 global markets. We provide innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing solutions for content owners working with such diverse artists such as Skepta, The Cribs, Jason Isbell, BTS and Run The Jewels. With an industry-leading technology platform, The Orchard’s creative and tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and physical outlets around the world. The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry. For further information, please visit www.theorchard.com.