Job title: A&R and Artist Label Partnerships Manager
Location: Berlin, Germany
Here at The Orchard we are looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join our Artist & Label Partnerships team. As an A&R Artist & Label Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for signings new talent, and will join a team of closers, working both individually and collaboratively to source and close deals on behalf of The Orchard and its portfolio of in-house brands.
What you will do
- You will bring in direct artist and label deals (Distribution and Artist & Label Services) and referrals to existing Orchard labels across multiple genres.
- You will manage ongoing relationships with artists, managements and labels, ensuring that the relationship is stable before contract renewal discussions arise.
- You will support the client with ad hoc troubleshooting and issues, working closely with label management as needed to shepherd them through opportunities across the company.
- You will assemble all necessary materials to support the deal process. This is inclusive of proformas, pitch decks, onesheets and workstation videos.
- You will be regularly attend industry events, artist shows and meetings to grow your network and elevate The Orchard’s profile.
- You will coordinate globally with Orchard staff for pitches with potential artist and label signings.
- You will be great at identifing additional opportunities to grow The Orchard’s catalog.
- You will initiate collaborations between artists and labels locally and globally.
- You will consult selected artists regarding songs and recordings.
Who you are
- You have a proven track record sourcing leads and building relationships that ultimately result in new business.
- You have a strong network of creators across the independent label and artist community, the ability to spot trends early, and outside the mainstream.
- You have the ability to source new opportunities through research, social media, attending live shows and events, and building a referral community.
- You are able to model and close potential opportunities and manage ongoing client relationships.
- You are German native speaker as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- You have excellent time management, organization, and communication skills.
- You have high proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint with the ability to analyze data and build presentation worthy decks.
- You are willing and ability to travel as the business needs dictate.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit www.theorchard.com.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.