Who We Are…
The Ned NoMad is a members’ club and hotel that will open in the heart of New York in summer 2022. It will be the first international ‘Ned’ site to open following the launch of The Ned London in 2017.
Located in The Johnston Building and formerly the NoMad Hotel in Manhattan, the property was built in 1903 as a store and office building. The original architectural features will be honoured, with interiors designed by the Soho House Design team.
The Ned NoMad will offer a mix of members-only and public spaces, including 167 bedrooms and suites. Ned’s Club will give members access to a rooftop bar and terrace restaurant as well as a first floor bar, grill and lounge with live entertainment from The Atrium Stage, seven nights a week.
New to the property will be Cecconi’s, a modern day classic Italian restaurant.
We are looking for a Sound/Audio Engineer. This is a fast-moving business so we are looking for the right individual to be autonomous and be able to pick up multiple tasks and projects at once.
Our culture is pacey but supportive, so you must be able to work in synergy with your peers and the different departments around you. Being an active communicator who is customer focused and detail-oriented is a must to ensure the experience we provide is unique, memorable and fun.
- Represent the company on site as part of engineering team delivering technical solutions to the highest standards, focussing on all aspects of audio
- Responsible for setup/breakdown and advancement of live set equipment for bands capping at six members with two bands/night
- Liaise with artists and artist managers about technical needs for approximately 15 live performances per week.
- Install, operate & maintain technical systems on site focused on all aspects of audio equipment
- Liaise with our in-house Events Team to understand project requirements, briefs & deadlines
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of equipment as required
- Adopt a creative approach to problem solving and adapt and react to changing circumstances at speed
- Assist with developing processes and procedures to improve all aspects of the company’s audio and production operations
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably requested
- A minimum of 5+ years experience as an Sound/Audio Engineer in Live Music
- Schedule flexibility between 3 – 5pm is a must and PM availability is required
- Days available are Monday-Sunday with flexibility for either part or full time employment
- Proven success of “champion of the culture,” facilitating excellent communication and engagement
- Team focused with an understanding of the bigger picture and how you can contribute
- Able to effectively manage different stakeholders and be persuasive
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 20 to 60 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Must be able to use step ladder.
Our Doors Are Yours To Open…
The Ned is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
Apply today and join us as a Sound/Audio Engineer
#YESYESYES #MakeitHAPPEN #ShowyouCARE #LovewhatYOUDO
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life, STD, LTD Insurance
- $500 dollar sign-on bonus for non-exempt staff
- Referral bonus + competitive compensation
- Career development, career training and the opportunity to work internationally
- Flexible work schedules
- Discounted family rates
- Family meals
- Two weeks’ vacation, 9 days PTO, 9 Holidays and much more