Our client, a global music digital rights business that operates at the forefront of the music industry, is seeking an Director of Insights to join their dynamic team. This hire will play a pivotal role in transforming data into actionable insights with a particular focus on external stakeholders.
Reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer (COO), this role will closely collaborate and work with various teams across the company (e.g., data operations, analytics, commercial partnerships, business affairs). This is an incredible opportunity for someone interested in working on a wide range of data driven projects in the music industry, impacting how rights holders use and understand data, and furthering our client’s mission to help independent labels and their artists create greater value and drive further fan engagement in the digital marketplace.
- Work closely with the senior executive team to design and manage insights communication strategy, for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to understand our clients’ requirements and to address data-related inquiries.
- Perform in-depth analysis across unique and diverse data sets including short form video, subscription streaming and User Generated Content to identify commercially relevant trends.
- Produce data analysis reports to provide meaningful actionable insights and data driven analysis for the company’s clients.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in data analysis and reporting.
- Support and collaborate in efforts to enhance data management, presentation and collection processes.
- Honours degree in Data Science, Economics, Statistics, Business Analytics or similar discipline essential.
- Highly developed communication skills and presentation skills.
- Relevant music industry work experience.
- Previous work experience with data management and data analysis essential.
- Proficiency in data analysis and data management tools and techniques.
- Experience using data visualization tools.
- Highly analytical approach and problem-solving abilities.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Confident working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Please note that due to the volume of submissions, only successful candidates who meet the requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard back within 10 days of submission, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment.