Location: London with option to work remotely
Duration: Full-time, subject to completing a satisfactory 3 month probationary period
Hours: 10.30am – 6.30pm, Monday to Friday. You will reasonably be expected to work outside of these hours in exceptional circumstances. Flexible work hours are also an option.
Reporting to: CEO and General Manager
Reporting from: Head Of Promotions and Project Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience (£30k-35k per annum, plus bonuses)
The Music Federation is an independent music company offering distribution, label services, non-label services, and artist services (including offering financial, operational, promotional, marketing, and other holistic business development) to the independent music sector. Launching in August 2021 with circa 10 members, we are initially comprised of partnerships with 60 different music companies around the world including record labels, artist managers, self-releasing artists, festivals, agents, PRs, music supervisors, audio-visual companies, radio and TV presenters, and more.
We are seeking a new full-time Senior Label Manager to work across our busy roster of Federation members, label licensees, management clients, and overseeing the creation, implementation, and management of several new imprints due for launch, as well as communicating with the commercial team on frontline and catalogue releases.
We are a pro-active artist development company that specialises in utilising our wider live, management, label and PR businesses to further the career prospects of the talent pool we work with in various ways, with significant corporate/business expansion going into 2022.
We love music; we don’t like bad people.
Tasks shall include but are not limited to:
- Creating and executing marketing plans for artist and label brands, releases and / or product launches.
- Coordinating logistics, including: creating campaign timelines; running communications with our distributor and members, in-house commercial teams, and any other 3rd parties involved in the running of a campaign.
- Managing deadlines and assets, assigning responsibilities and monitoring projects to ensure successful delivery.
- Creating, tracking, and reporting on campaign budgets.
- Defining, monitoring, and reporting on sales targets.
- Overseeing and reporting on international marketing campaigns.
- Liaising with and pitching releases to DSPs.
- Tracking the performance of catalog
- Overseeing manufacturing of any physical products and / or merch items.
- Handling onboarding of new rightsholder members
- Licensing (including contract drafting and issuing), maintaining and updating rights catalogue;
- General assistance to the CEO and General Manager and other ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- Strategizing and implementing policy to further the interests of the Music Federation and its members.
- Grades A-C in GCSE Mathematics, English and Sciences (or Chemistry, Biology and Physics).
- A-Level (or equivalent) and degree level of education is desirable but not strictly necessary in contrast to work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ continuous and demonstrable experience in an equivalent role at a distributor, label/artist services provider, DSP, artist management company, record label, equivalent where the candidate can show they have worked across multiple label/release accounts simultaneously.
- Some live, touring or artist management experience is desirable but not necessary.
- A driving licence is desirable, but not necessary.
- The candidate must be unquestionably trustworthy and honest, and able to work equally well under instruction as they do under their own initiative, in a group and individually, in often fast-paced conditions.
- Flexibility: the role is ever-expansive and will require working to different country time zones and on occasion outside of office hours
- High attention to detail.
- Able to take initiative in decision-making situations in a diligent manner.
- We particularly welcome applications from those from diverse and deserving backgrounds; given we’re trying to change the world, it all has to start here.
To apply, please email covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 6th August 2021.
In your application, please state one thing you would like to change about the music industry, and why.