Are you interested in helping create a brand-new, purpose-driven company in the music industry? Do you thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment? If you do, we would like to get to know you.
WORKING AT THE MLC
The Mechanical Licensing Collective (MLC) is committed to excellence, service, transparency, and diversity. Our culture is collaborative, our people are adaptable, and our office environment is open. On our team, you are respected, valued for your unique strengths and experiences, and empowered to identify and resolve your own challenges.
In this role, you manage relationships with music publishers to ensure client satisfaction. You have high levels of responsiveness, expert problem-solving skills using analytical tools and data and addressing escalating organizational issues effectively. As a member of the Rights Management team, you will help to design, maintain, and champion The MLC’s unique culture in all aspects of your work; allowing time to align on directions, proceeding with autonomy and taking accountability for your work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; music business degree is preferred
- 7 years of experience in music publishing administration and/or copyright
- Strong analytical/excel skills
- Strong industry contacts
- Excellent client service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible with changing demands
YOU WILL PLAN AND EXECUTE THE RIGHTS MANAGEMENT STRATEGY BY:
- Serving as The MLC’s lead for key publisher relationships
- Acting as a liaison during on-boarding processes
- Speaking at events to represent the interests of The MLC while collecting perceptual data to inform strategic service offerings
YOU WILL LEAD AND MANAGE RIGHTS MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES BY:
- Tracking service-levels to publishers using operational KPIs
- Triaging publisher service issues with The MLC and/or vendors, including account management, work registrations, overclaims and disputes, catalog transfers, matching, unmatched usage claiming, royalty payments and statements
YOU WILL CHAMPION THE MLC’S CULTURE BY:
- Applying The MLC’s Guiding Principles to your work and your behaviors
- Being process-oriented, data-driven, and tech-savvy; being collaborative, curious, and open to new ideas
- Engaging in a diverse and dynamic team; mentoring team members; continuing with personal development
- Inspiring others with your enthusiasm and humility