Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager
Part-time 3 days/week: Tuesday, Thursday and one other day) on a fixed term contract of 6 months, beginning August/September 2023.
Salary: £27.56k pro rata
Hybrid working: 1 day a week in the office, with the option to work all 3 days in the office if preferred.
As we continue our strategy to grow global recognition for songwriters and composers, your role will be to work with team to increase The Ivors Academy’s impact, reach and market share by growing our profile, visibility and reputation through effective marketing and communications.
The role includes developing and managing our social media channels, creating and editing content, and tracking and reporting on campaign performance. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of marketing and communications, and be able to work independently and as part of a team. It requires high levels of organisation and planning, effective communications, creativity, team-work and a focus on delivering results in a busy environment.
The role reports to the Marketing and Communications Manager (3 days/week role) and to the Director of Membership, Marketing and Communications on the days when the Marketing and Communications Manager is not working.
- Develop and deliver marketing and communications activities and campaigns including:
- Promoting events, conferences and webinars.
- High impact campaigns with partners for the Academy’s awards and activities that celebrate songwriters and composers.
- Growing member recruitment through marketing campaigns, encouraging word-of-mouth marketing, and launching new products and services.
- Maximising member retention through effective communications and engagement, and promotion of services and benefits.
- Fundraising initiatives with The Ivors Academy Trust.
- Advocacy campaigns that demonstrate our influence as a compelling reason to join and support the Academy.
- Develop and manage day-to-day the Academy’s social media platforms, newsletters and website.
- Create and edit content and materials for social media, newsletters, website, events and other activities.
- Support managing the Academy’s brand.
- Track and report on the performance of marketing and communications campaigns.
- Maintain relationships with marketing and communications contacts at partner organisations.
- Support the staff team to ensure effective working with the marketing and communications team.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends.
Skills and Competencies
- 2+ years’ experience in marketing and communications
- Social media management across all platforms
- Email management systems (ideally Mailchimp)
- Design tools (ie Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator and/or similar)
- Analytics (ie Google Analytics and Hootsuite)
- Content Management Systems (ideally WordPress or similar)
- High attention to detail.
- Experience of working across teams and with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of the music industry an advantage.
Our values are that we’re inclusive, respecting and championing difference and diversity; generous in our time, experience and understanding of each other; focused on cultivating, celebrating and campaigning for our members; proud of our role and heritage while constantly staying relevant and forging new innovations; and we demonstrate integrity through our actions, words and commitments.
The role of Marketing and Communications Manager requires an organised and creative approach, able to work positively and constructively with all staff and stakeholders as an ambassador for the Academy.
Key working relationships
- Communications and Marketing team.
- Key staff for delivering communications and marketing.
- Senior Management team.
- Board Directors, Trustees and Council Chairs in the Academy’s governance.
- Corporate Partners, sponsors and donors.