The Ivors Academy of Music Creators is a non-profit membership association that has supported, protected and celebrated music creators in the UK for the last 75 years.
It is an exciting time in our history, having rebranded from the BASCA to The Ivors Academy of Music Creators in March this year, we have an ambitious strategy of growth which is seeing us expand into new areas with new partners. This is a pivotal role for a creative, ambitious and skilful communicator and marketer with experience of policy development, who understands the changing music landscape and wants to be at the heart of the debate as a champion of music creators.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the CEO you will be responsible for the effective management of messaging across the organisation to drive recruitment of new members, increase positive engagement with existing members and partners, maximise awareness and impact of our campaigning activities with opinion formers.
- Development and implementation of The Ivors Academy Brand strategy,
- Development and implementation of marketing strategies including events, advertising, digital marketing, PR and partnerships to drive increased membership,
- Development and implementation of communications strategies for existing members including website, email, social media, print, video, podcasts and direct mail,
- Day to day management of the new Ivors Academy Policy Unit including policy development, press and public affairs strategy,
- Maintaining a network of industry partners to maximise awareness and impact,
- Management of our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion agenda,
- Development and management of The Ivors Academy Youth Network and Ivors Academy Friends offering which seek to increase the awareness and support for Academy initiatives and recruitment,
- Day to day management of Academy Genre Committees, marketing, communications, policy and equality team,
- Management of third-party providers and consultants as required.
Essential Skills and Person Specification:
- Significant experience including qualifications in marketing, communications and PR,
- Experience working in a membership organisation context,
- Evidence of setting and implementing successful strategies,
- Has creatively led a team that deliver engaging and impactful communications,
- Demonstrates passion and skills in campaigning, lobbying and PR,
- Thrives on the challenge of managing multiple projects at any one time,
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of CRM and segmentation strategies,
- Experience of managing teams and resources,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
- Confident in a public-facing role connecting across the industry,
- A self-starter who can create opportunities,
- Knowledge and contacts in the music industry a plus
To apply, please send a CV and an accompanying cover letter to Graham Davies, CEO at: email@example.com
Application deadline: Monday 25 November 2019
Interviews: week commencing 2 December 2019 Start date: As soon as possible
About The Ivors Academy
The Ivors Academy exists to support, protect and celebrate music creators in the UK. We are the independent professional association representing songwriters and composers in all genres, whether they create song, symphony or sync. We are entirely self-funded, relying on the continued support of our members and partners to carry on our work. Music is the most profound, enduring and popular of art forms. It crosses all borders, conveys all emotions, and touches all people. None of the music that the world loves exists until brilliant songwriters and composers create it. We represent, support, protect and celebrate the creators of music. Our Ivor Novello Awards are the ultimate accolade for songwriting and composing in the industry. The Ivors celebrate the talents of songwriters and screen composers, whilst The Ivors Composer Awards celebrate music creators in the classical, jazz and sonic art fields. The Ivors Academy Gold Badge recognises those who have supported and inspired our community. Each of these celebrations has at its heart the power and brilliance of music creators. We campaign together nationally and internationally to ensure that the rights of our members are protected, especially as our industry continues to rapidly change. And we cultivate talent, creating a community across the country in which our members share their valuable knowledge, creators cross-pollinate and collaborate, and all voices are heard. We guide new talent entering the industry and continue to encourage our members as they progress to greater successes. We are the champions of music creators. We are The Ivors Academy.