The Feldman Agency is one of North America’s premiere entertainment talent agencies and management groups. With over 40 years in the entertainment business, TFA has a wealth of experience in artist representation, talent, booking, event services and corporate consulting.
Representing hundreds of artists from around the world, from hot up-and-coming talent to critically acclaimed, award-winning artists, TFA’s roster is a diverse spectrum of all genres with a team of 50-plus passionate people working out of offices in Toronto and Vancouver.
- The Agent Associate position provides logistical and strategic execution support to an agent or team of agents.
- The Agent Associate will be responsible for helping to scout for artists, new relationships, as well as new event production opportunities. The Agent Associate will also have to be able to leverage the brand awareness and knowledge-base of the company to be well-informed in the world of live event promotion and booking.
- To be successful in this position, the candidate must be independently-driven, have the demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workflow, be self-motivated, and have an ambitious entrepreneurial spirit.
- The individual must be open-minded and be a quick-learner to pick up strategies, tactics, philosophies, and relationshipbuilding
techniques to excel as an individual and grow the business in a team-based environment.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Overseeing the delivery/collection offers and coordinating with management and promoters.
- Creating grids and collecting tour assets to coordinate with artist management and promoters.
- Overseeing the execution and implementation of tour marketing plans.
- Taking information and occasionally running day-to-day business for a roster of artists.
- Assist with the preparation of business presentations.
- Plan, organize, and co-ordinate specialized events and corporate functions.
- Going to concerts/events to support clients and/or source new opportunities.
- Scout new artists and business development opportunities.
- Create a network of relationships across the music industry.
- Attend conferences and represent the company.
Ideal Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ Years employment in a team-based environment.
- Strong computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and MS Outlook.
- Communicates and deals with others in a professional and polite manner at all times.
- Ability to effectively prioritize workflow.
- “Common Sense” judgment skills, should display strong initiative and proactive.
- Active Listening Skills – Ability to focus on what other people are saying and taking the time to
understand all of the points behind made.
- Legal, event execution and/or music industry experience are assets.
- Must have the ability to be extremely well spoken, polite, intuitive, and work well under high stress and
Overview of Job Requirements
Artist Development / General Business
- Ability to understand touring plans and business plans for each artist/event and assist with strategic development and execution.
- Have a general understanding of each artist on the agency’s roster and deal with managers as well as purchasers accordingly.
- Scout new artists and have a general awareness of “buzz” artists and music trends.
- Attend concerts and showcases when agent is unable.
- Having an understanding of the live music business.
Performance Contracts / Tour Coordination / Logistics:
- Keeping track of / & collecting signed contracts / deposits / ticket counts / settlements in a timely manner.
- Developing & maintaining positive professional relationships with venue representatives (in order to receive quick & and accurate venue information).
- Obtaining venue availability & creating performance routing calendars.
- Organize meetings, conference trips, visits, reservations, and/or travel bookings.
- Maintain & submit accurate expenses and report to accounting.
Plan, organize and co-ordinate functions and special events:
- Assist with organizing meetings and/or special events / parties, including creating & maintaining
- Special organizational and research projects as directed.
- Ensures deadlines are met & projects are efficiently carried out.
- Coordinate talent availabilities with other agents.
- Procure events for talent programming and or special events production.
- Seek out new business leads.
Assist with the preparation of business presentations:
- Conduct research, compile data, statistical reports and prepare papers with creative input.
- Ability to quickly create comprehensive presentations in power point format.
- Experience responding to Entertainment RFP submissions an asset.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.