We have an opportunity for a brilliant person to join our composer agency at MediaCityUK as a Composer Agent.
About the role
This is a wide-ranging role which would suit a music-loving professional, excited about the prospect of representing our roster of exquisitely talented television and film composers.
You’ll be a proactive professional with a background in music or television/film production and have the passion, professionalism and persistence to deep dive into the world of TV composing and procure exciting new work for our client roster.
Who are we and what do we do?
We help producers find the best composer for their production. Our mantra is ‘make producers lazy’.
We’re very proud of our company and what we’ve achieved over the 10 years we’ve been in business. We have an 18-strong roster of composers located in the UK, US and Canada.
We offer the full works – from recommending composers to negotiating commissioning contracts.
More about the day-to-day
This is a mainly sales-based role in which you’ll lead all aspects of procuring new work opportunities for our composers.
You’ll also need to compile bespoke music reels, make introductions, arrange calls, attend TV conferences, coordinate music tenders and negotiate commissioning deals.
You’ll have excellent communication skills and be comfortable being a bridge between composer and production client.
- An appreciation of music for television and film
- Proven experience in the music or production industry
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team
- Evidenced-based examples of where you built and maintained strong client relationships
- Proven people management experience
As well as…
- A self-starting ability and lead-from-the-front mentality, with a keen eye for detail
- Some flexibility in the hours you work – we work across time-zones
- The ability to problem-solve independently
- The drive to thrive in a commission-based role
What’s in it for you?
If you go on to be successful in your application, benefits include:
- 25 days’ annual leave (pro-rated), plus UK bank holidays
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- An annual commission-based bonus based on individual performance
- Potentially all home-based working depending on experience
- Your birthday off, each year.
If you think you’ve got something great to offer, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply by sending your CV and cover note to [email protected] with the email subject heading “Composer Agent”
Application deadline: 1st December 2021