We have an opportunity for a brilliant person to join The Composerworks.
About the role
This will be a 4-days per week role in the first 12 months, moving to 5 days after the first year. We’re looking for the right applicant who can be based in the UK or US.
This is a wide-ranging role which would suit a music-loving professional, excited about the prospect of representing our roster of exquisitely talented composers.
You’ll be a proactive professional with a background in music or television/film production and have the passion, professionalism and persistence to deep dive into the world of TV composing and procure exciting new work for our client roster.
Who are we and what do we do?
We help producers find the best composer for their production. Our mantra is ‘make producers lazy’.
We’re very proud of our company and what we’ve achieved over the last 10 years. We have an 18-strong roster of composers located in the UK, US and Canada.
We offer the full works – from recommending composers to negotiating commissioning contracts.
More about the day-to-day
This is a mainly sales-based role. You’ll lead all aspects of procuring new work opportunities for our composers.
Your role will include compiling bespoke music reels, making introductions, arranging calls, attending TV conferences, coordinating music tenders and negotiating commissioning deals.
You’ll have excellent communication skills and be comfortable being a bridge between your composer client and the production client.
- An appreciation of music for television, film and video games.
- Relevant experience in the music or TV production industry. Examples include experience as a music agent, music supervisor, sync and licensing manager, production music administrator or orchestral contracting administrator
- Demonstrable experience of working in a team
- Evidenced-based examples of where you built and maintained strong client relationships
- Proven people management experience
As well as…
- A self-starting ability and lead-from-the-front mentality, with a keen eye for detail
- Some flexibility in the hours you work – we work across time-zones
- The ability to problem-solve independently
- The drive to thrive in a commission-based role
What’s in it for you?
If you go on to be successful in your application, benefits include:
- 25 days’ annual leave (pro-rated in year 1), plus public holidays
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- An annual commission-based bonus based on individual performance
- Your birthday off, each year.
If you think you’ve got something great to offer, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply by sending your CV and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject heading “Composer Agent”
Application deadline: 17th January 2024