The After Party Experience is looking for a Band Manager to lead our team of live party bands.
The focus will be on maintaining the quality of our bands in order to meet the huge demand for live music at weddings and special events. We accomplish this by ensuring that our bands have a consistently positive experience working with our booking agency and our clients.
If you are passionate about realizing the long-term success of those you serve, understand the needs and perspective of professional bands, and have the business and leadership skills to guide the team, we’re looking for you.
WE ARE THE AFTER PARTY EXPERIENCE
Welcome to The After Party Experience (TAPE). We are an amazing team of live party bands “The After Party Experience” and “Block Party Experience” that dazzle guests at weddings, corporate events and private parties around the country. Our job is to power our bands with the steady support they need to be successful, and to ensure that our clients have an extraordinary experience from start to finish when working with our bands.
TAPE is founded on the belief that music is an essential part of any celebration, and that live music impacts people in an especially powerful way. Underlying everything we do is the belief that successful bands must not only be great performers, they must also be great for our clients and our booking agency to work with. We are most successful when we enable our bands to shine and our entire team to do their best work.
We are people who always want to do it better next time, and people who are more interested in those we serve than in serving ourselves. We love the new ideas and fresh perspective we get when we welcome new folks onto the team.
The Band Manager’s role is to oversee all functions in daily band operations, including overseeing band gig itineraries, advancing with clients, overseeing band staffing for every event booked, overseeing travel accommodations for the band, working closely with the bands admin team, recruitment of new band members when needed, relationship management with current band members, band-agency communication, and client service best practices. The manager also manages all members of the both bands and contributes to overall band strategy and direction.
The Band Manager must commit to building strong relationships with our band members and take the lead in directing programs and processes to ensure that the operations that support our bands run smoothly. We’re looking for at least 10 years of professional experience as a foundation for the core responsibilities of the job. Responsibilities also include resolving conflicts among band members, sometimes attending band performances and being able to act as a liaison between bands and clients to ensure smoothly ran events.
To be successful as a band manager, you should be passionate about client and customer service. Ultimately, an outstanding band manager should be able to handle difficult stressful situations and demonstrate exceptional communication, organizational, and decision-making skills. If you want to be a part of a great organization, send and email with the subject “Let’s get down”, full name, pictures and resume to info (at) afterpartyexperience.com
Reports to: Founders/CEO.
Works closely with: Booking team, admin team, and accounting/payroll team.
Time Commitment: Full-time, flexible, 80-90% business hours, 10-20% evening/weekend.
Location: Locally based in Atlanta GA (Plus if locally based in the Kennesaw/Marietta area)
Travel: Occasional-to-moderate travel around the Southeast with the bands to oversee gigs.
Start: January 2020
Compensation: $34-37k salary range depending on experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working as a Band Manager.
- Knowledge of the private event industry.
- The ability to handle stressful or difficult situations.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- Trustworthy, creative, and persuasive with years professional work experience.
- Involvement in the business of professional party bands
- Client or vendor relationship management skills
- Leading a team
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing
- Familiarity and comfort with modern technology (Dropbox, Google, Group-me)
- Quantitative skills (spreadsheets, reports, finances)
- Extensive customer service experience
- Development of the marketability of a product or service
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in music management is advantageous.
- Involvement in the special event industry.
- Experience leading, owning or managing a band.
- Participation in the management of a business.
- Familiarity with locations and nature of special events in the Southeastern USA
- Lead and manage band team members.
- Overall decision making on band weekly operations.
- Collaborating with the admin team to develop suitable itineraries for every event booked.
- Advancing with clients (brides, planners and event contractors)
- Overseeing band staffing for each event and cross-referencing with client contracts.
- Overseeing transportation accommodations for the bands for every event.
- Problem solving with logistics, clients, and band members.
- Setting up rehearsals and ensuring that band members attend band rehearsals regularly.
- Ensuring that band members are aware of their responsibilities and are on time for rehearsals, meet-ups and departures for events.
- Regular team reviews and meetings with band members.
- Following up with band members and clients prior to and after gigs.
- Develop and reinforce client service best practices and band etiquette.
- Develop programs that improve operations and add value to our roster.
- Establish and enforce good band etiquette.
- Oversee recruitment of new band members when needed.
- Oversee agency communication with bands.
- Review band performance metrics.