TANGO is a digital content management and distribution company emphasizing in the Music Industry with a core competency to provide structure and assistance to the current and future footprint of our clients’ digital presence while increasing their exposure and maximizing their revenues on multiple platforms. We are providing clarity to the confusing landscape that is the digital space.
TANGO is looking to add a technologically savvy team member to our Distribution/Rights Administration Team that manages sound recording and publishing copyrights on behalf of our rights holders. This is for someone with a strong professional demeanor to help develop and nurture TANGO’s end-to-end copyright management process. Positive traits like being a detail oriented, self-motivated, growth hungry, multi-tasking, great verbal and written communication, team player extraordinaire are well-regarded and will move you to the front of the line.
- Proficient music industry knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of copyrights & ownership details.
- Extensive knowledge of Master Recordings, Music Compositions (Publishing + Songwriter’s shares).
- Fully Bilingual (Spanish/English).
- 2+ years of experience with a YouTube MCN – YouTube Certification highly preferred.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient knowledge of digital music distribution.
- Proficient knowledge of project management and communication software, (e.g. Slack, Asana, Skype, etc.).
- Highly organized, communicative and a diligent self-starter.
- Holistically refine and further develop a 360° proactive copyright management program across all clients.
- Work closely with TANGO’s team and clients to identify and process ownership conflicts w/any 3rd parties, monitoring, maintaining and limiting copyright issue pipeline.
- Handle all in-bound content issues with prompt communication and action items, including liaising with all DSPs, YouTube, SoundExchange, etc.
- Maintain tracking systems for all incoming/outgoing issues.
- Monitor and police TANGO client releases and copyrights, identifying any pirated material across all DSPs.
- Proactively and periodically monitor client catalogs – refining and reviewing the content flow to effectively manage and police rights.
- Maintain a list of Key Performance Indicators with periodic reporting to both clients and management.
- Assist clients in properly registering copyrights.
- Responsible for TANGO’s YouTube Ownership Issue pipeline.
GOALS + OBJECTIVES:
- Learn TANGO’s infrastructure quickly – understanding clients, catalog and business structures.
- Contribute & strategize copyright management techniques with the goal of maintaining a low issue threshold of content with active copyright issues.
- Keep TANGO’s reputation in-tact and well-regarded in the marketplace.
- Able to establish and maintain positive relationships with 3rd party conflicting owners/aggregators.Work closely with TANGO clients to educate and develop copyright ownership knowledge, tools and actions.
EXTRAS + HUGE PLUSES:
- MAC User.
- Established relationships with distributors, aggregators and DSPs partners.
- Client Acquisitions: Ability to refer Artists, bring new catalog + clients into the TANGO Family (Commission structure available. More details after application is accepted.).
- Competitive / TBD (DOE)
- Both Full-Time (W2) and Contracting (W9) options available.