Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL and with offices in Brooklyn, Nashville, Denver, and Bogota, Colombia.
We focus on distributing, promoting, and developing great independent music from artists, record labels, and many more. Not only do we want to work with some great and prolific creators, we want to also work with creative, passionate, positive, and forward thinking individuals. Maybe this is you? If so, then below you will find an opportunity to join Symphonic. As a company, we want to have an environment that is inclusive, diverse, and accepting so that everyone, regardless of their background, race, or sexual orientation, has a chance to do great things in the industries of music, tech, and marketing.
The Manager of Client Marketing & Streaming Promotions will work full time from our either our Los Angeles, New York or Nashville, TN locations, being on the front lines of finding that talent.
In a Nutshell
The Manager of Client Marketing & Streaming Promotions will oversee all marketing initiatives and DSP streaming promotion opportunities for artists throughout all genres. They will live to develop and implement THE killer customized strategy to uniquely market each individual artist in their respective genres. In concert, this individual will bring existing relationships to the table and work to develop, nurture and own communications with the various genre managers and curators at all of our DSP partners. They will tailor streaming strategies in concert with innovative marketing initiatives to guarantee our artists the greatest visibility possible.
What you will do
- Establish and nurture relationships with key representatives at ALL appropriate DSPs, and develop effective strategies for expanding the reach and visibility of all Symphonic releases with strategic partnerships and a constantly developing understanding of the streaming landscape. You will create champions for our artists by any means available and utilize these contacts to secure playlist placements and relevant new DSP opportunities for our clients to build visibility for their releases.
- Maintain ongoing communications with all of Symphonic’s Business Development leads, and all related team members to optimally serve and showcase our clients.
- Perform in-depth artist/project/partner diagnostics for select clients and provide guidance for optimizing presence online and at all relevant DSP platforms.
- Project manage certain projects and opportunities for artists between artists’ management and internal Symphonic team.
- Work with retail sales people, managers, labels, agents, publicists, app developers, advertising strategists, key influencers, and the artists themselves to develop and implement bespoke music marketing strategies for select emerging and established artists’ newly released music.
- Continuously identify, assess, and prioritize trends, opportunities and campaigns, with respect to your respective genres. Maintain ongoing research and understanding of these trends and work to steer client and corporate initiatives accordingly.
- Continuously analyze campaign effectiveness and allocate investment dollars to the highest ROI opportunities.
- Test new channels and partnerships to expand Symphonic’s brand reach and relevance to new, untapped audiences.
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or business-related field.
- Must have at least 2-4 years of experience working in a key marketing and/or streaming promotions role at a record label, distributor, management company, or agency with the following achievements:
- A robust directory of DSP representatives on lock.
- A successful track record of developing and executing innovative audience-development focused marketing strategies for creative work.
- A thorough understanding of the unique characteristics of various markets/audiences, and the genres therein.
- Proven success at breaking new artists.
- Expert knowledge in and passion for Pop, HipHop, Rap, R&B, Soul, Indie Pop and Dance is a major plus.
- Must be able to travel on a regular basis (potentially 25% of the time).
- A strong, outgoing personality, an entrepreneurial spirit, and an innate ability to make connections and influence the influencers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and industry specific periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, direct reports, clients, customers, and the public.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Position reports to the Head of Client Marketing
- Position will report to the Nashville, TN location
About Symphonic Distribution
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company founded by music producer Jorge Brea in 2006. Headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL with offices in major music markets throughout the world, Symphonic provides thousands of new and established record labels, managers and individual artists with global digital music distribution to hundreds of retail and streaming platforms, playlist pitching, release promotion, and a comprehensive suite of label services. Symphonic enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience.