Manager, Client Marketing & DSP Relations
Client Marketing — Los Angeles, California
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company headquartered in downtown Tampa and with a strong presence in New York City, Nashville, and major music markets across the world. We focus on distributing, promoting and developing great independent music from artists, record labels and many more. Not only do we want to work with some prolific creators, we want to also work with creative, passionate, positive and forward thinking individuals.
Maybe this is you? If so, then below you will find an opportunity to join Symphonic. As a company, we want to have an environment that is inclusive, diverse and accepting so that everyone, regardless of their background, race or sexual orientation has a chance to do great things in the industries of music, tech and marketing.
In a Nutshell
The Manager, Client Marketing & DSP Relations will oversee all marketing initiatives and DSP streaming promotion opportunities for artists throughout assigned genres. They will live to develop and implement THE killer customized strategy to uniquely market each individual artist in their respective genres. In concert, this individual will bring existing relationships to the table and work to develop, nurture and own communications with the various genre managers and curators at all of our DSP partners. They will tailor streaming strategies in concert with innovative marketing initiatives to guarantee our artists the greatest visibility possible.
This position will be based out of Atlanta, GA; Los Angeles, CA; or New York City, NY, depending on where we find the most qualified candidate.
What you will do
- Establish and nurture relationships with key representatives at ALL appropriate DSPs and develop effective strategies for expanding the reach and visibility of all Symphonic releases with strategic partnerships and a constantly developing understanding of the streaming landscape. You will create champions for our artists by any means available and utilize these contacts to secure playlist placements and relevant new DSP opportunities for our clients to build visibility for their releases.
- Maintain ongoing communications with all Symphonic’s Business Development leads, and all related team members to optimally serve and showcase our clients.
- Perform in-depth artist/project/partner diagnostics for select clients and provide guidance for optimizing presence online and at all relevant DSP platforms.
- Project manage certain projects and opportunities for artists between artists’ management and internal Symphonic team.
- Work with retail salespeople, managers, labels, agents, publicists, app developers, advertising strategists, key influencers, and the artists themselves to develop and implement bespoke music marketing strategies for select emerging and established artists’ newly released music.
- Continuously identify, assess, and prioritize trends, opportunities and campaigns, with respect to your respective genres. Maintain ongoing research and understanding of these trends and work to steer client and corporate initiatives accordingly.
- Continuously analyze campaign effectiveness and allocate investment dollars to the highest ROI opportunities.
- Test new channels and partnerships to expand Symphonic’s brand reach and relevance to new, untapped audiences.
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or business-related field and 4 years of applicable experience; or 8 years of applicable experience or a mix of both education and experience.
- Must have at least 2-4 years of experience working in a key marketing and/or streaming promotions role at a record label, distributor, management company, or agency with the following achievements:
- A robust directory of DSP representatives on lock.
- A successful track record of developing and executing innovative audience-development focused marketing strategies for creative work.
- A thorough understanding of the unique characteristics of various markets/audiences, and the genres therein.
- Proven success at breaking new artists.
- Expert knowledge in and passion for Pop, HipHop, Rap, R&B, Soul, Indie Pop and Funk is a major plus.
- Must be able to travel on a regular basis (potentially 25% of the time).
- A strong, outgoing personality, an entrepreneurial spirit, and an innate ability to make connections and influence the influencers.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and industry specific periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, direct reports, clients, customers, and the public.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
What would set you apart
- Previous experience playing a similar role
- This position reports to the VP of Client Marketing & DSP Relations in Nashville, TN
- This position is remote, based in Atlanta, Los Angeles, or New York City
- Minimal travel is required
Symphonic Distribution enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience. The company focuses on working with: record labels, artists, managers, producers, social media influencers, and even distributors just like us to get their messages seen and heard.
While our core business is to distribute music digitally and physically for the many talented creators that we have the honor of working with, we focus on a number of services, such as: Physical Distribution, User Generated Content Monetization on YouTube, Tik Tok, Triller, Instagram, Release Promotion such as Playlist pitching, marketing diagnostics, strategy and a number of other very important services to ensure that creators are maximizing and collecting on as many royalties as possible.
Symphonic also showcases one of the largest partnership networks available, partnering with Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon, and many other services where music can be consumed on. Check out more about us on our website at www.symdistro.com