Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL and with United States offices in Brooklyn, Nashville, Denver, and in Bogota, Colombia and Sao Paolo, Brazil. We focus on distributing, promoting, and developing great independent music from artists, record labels, and many more. Not only do we want to work with some great and prolific creators, we want to also work with creative, passionate, positive, and forward thinking individuals. Maybe this is you? If so, then below you will find an opportunity to join Symphonic.
As a company, we want to have an environment that is inclusive, diverse, and accepting so that everyone, regardless of their background, race, or sexual orientation, has a chance to do great things in the industries of music, tech, and marketing. The UGC Manager will work full time out of our Nashville, TN location and will come with some really cool perks as well as ensuring that as an individual you have the proper work/life balance.
The role is hybrid, with 2 remote work days and 3 work days reporting to work at the office in Nashville, TN. Regular business hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 6:00pm.
Salary Range – This position will pay between $45,000 to $50,000 annually (depending on experience).
In a Nutshell
UGC Manager for Symphonic is focused on managing the content operations for UGC platforms. The role may also involve participating in business development to secure Symphonic new business lines, DSPs and territories. This position is vital in protecting the intellectual property rights of our clients and ensuring that client content is fully monetized and optimized.
What you will do
- Explore efficient and creative ways to grow / capitalize on existing business lines along with senior management
- UGC: YouTube, Meta, Soundcloud, TikTok
- SoundExchange / Neighboring Rights
- Correspond on behalf of Symphonic to certain DSPs to better improve relationships and service offering.
- YouTube, Meta, Tiktok/Bytedance, SoundCloud, SoundExchange, and more as relationships evolve and mature.
- Help expand Symphonic from a technical perspective, providing guidance and feedback to Technical and Operational departments in regard to Metadata Best Practices business needs.
- Work with content delivery departments in DDEX and FTP capacities.
- Research and resolve rights-related issues, especially, ownership conflicts, 3rd party claims, and copyright strikes, with assistance from the UGC team as needed. Execute quality assurance, auditing and process improvement initiatives.
- Upsell and/or establish new revenue collections that help during the conflict resolution process.
- Establish relationships with each distributor to help “win” ownership conflicts.
- Work alongside Clients of Symphonic Distribution to help attain any additional details needed to win conflicts.
- Regular reporting to Senior Management regarding:
- The “wins” of the company, such as ownership conflicts won on YouTube, amount of Soundcloud monetized views gains weekly/monthly, new account signings, conversions from other percentages, and/or new client sign ups, with assistance from the UGC team.
- Assist with the YouTube Channel Management and other partnership initiatives of the company, occasionally preparing webinars for clients and/or participating in client pitches as well as onboarding new clients onto the service, with assistance from the UGC team.
- Create and perform webinars for client base and staff to participate in. Purpose being to help expand.
- Symphonic’s reach amongst the client base and to ensure staff is aware of the business development opportunities.
What you need to have
- 2 years of related experience or training.
- Content Management System experience, such as YouTube Content Manager, Meta Rights Manager, Media Match (TikTok), EX Direct, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have working knowledge and experience with the MS Office Suite or equivalent Google Apps
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and industry specific periodicals, professional journals, or
- technical procedures
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
What will set you apart
- Experience in the music industry
- YouTube Experience
- YouTube Certification
- Client support experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, a technical discipline or equivalent
- Being highly organized
- A strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Having a high intensity to stay on task on a daily basis with the goal of accomplishing as much as possible
- This role will report to the Director, UGC and Video in Nashville, Tennessee
About Symphonic Distribution
Symphonic Distribution enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience. The company focuses on working with: record labels, artists, managers, producers, social media influencers, and even distributors just like us to get their messages seen and heard.
While our core business is to distribute music digitally and physically for the many talented creators that we have the honor of working with, we focus on a number of services, such as: Physical Distribution, User Generated Content Monetization on YouTube, Tik Tok, Triller, Instagram, Release Promotion such as Playlist pitching, marketing diagnostics, strategy and a number of other very important services to ensure that creators are maximizing and collecting on as many royalties as possible.
Symphonic also showcases one of the largest partnership networks available, partnering with Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon, and many other services where music can be consumed on. Check out more about us on our website at www.symdistro.com