Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company headquartered in downtown Tampa and with a strong presence in New York City, Nashville, and major music markets across the world.
We focus on distributing hip-hop, Latin and electronic music. We pride ourselves in finding the newest, most talented up-and-coming bands, rappers, managers, producers, and labels with the promise of developing long careers.
In a nutshell
The Associate of Client Marketing & Streaming Promotions (LATAM) will aid in marketing initiatives and DSP streaming promotion opportunities for artists throughout our LATAM genres. They will live to develop and implement THE killer customized strategy to market each individual artist. In concert, this individual will develop and own the relationships with the various genre managers and curators at all of our DSP partners and tailor streaming strategies to guarantee our artists the greatest visibility possible.
What you will do
- Maintain ongoing communications with Symphonic’s LATAM Business Development lead and Client Marketing team members to optimally serve and showcase our clients.
- Perform in-depth artist/project/partner diagnostics for select clients and provide guidance for optimizing presence online and at all relevant DSP platforms.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key representatives at ALL appropriate DSPs, and develop effective strategies for expanding the reach and visibility of all Symphonic releases with strategic partnerships and a constantly developing understanding of the streaming landscape.
- Work with retail sales people, managers, labels, agents, publicists, app developers, advertising strategists, key influencers, and the artists themselves to develop and implement bespoke music marketing strategies for emerging and established artists’ newly released music.
- Continuously identify, assess, and prioritize trends, opportunities and campaigns, specifically in the LATAM arena.
- Maintain ongoing research and understanding of these trends and work to steer personal and corporate initiatives accordingly.
- Continuously analyze campaign effectiveness and allocate investment dollars to the highest ROI opportunities.
- Test new channels and partnerships to expand Symphonic’s brand reach and relevance to new, untapped audiences.
- Pursue and test new marketing opportunities as assigned.
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or business-related field.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working in a key marketing role at a record label, distributor, management company, or agency with the following achievements:
- A robust directory of DSP representatives on lock.
- A successful track record of developing and executing innovative audience-development focused marketing strategies for creative work.
- A thorough understanding of the unique characteristics of the LATAM market, and the genres therein.
- Once travel resumes, must be able to travel on a regular basis (potentially 25% of the time).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and industry specific periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of executives, managers, direct reports, clients, customers, and the public.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong Spanish language skills and understanding of cultural norms are a major plus.
- Position reports to Head of Client Marketing
- Position will be located in Miami, FL
The Small Print
You will create a remote office in Miami, FL where you will be given access to hot desks at the local WeWork. While establishing yourself in Miami, it is expected you will be in close proximity to the DSP’s LATAM offices there and you will make multiple office visits to forge relationships. You will work with a computer (monitor, keyboard, mouse, etc.) and desk phone for a good portion of your day, and you should be able to sit comfortably. Feel free to stretch your legs when you need to, we don’t mind. The noise level is pretty low, unless we have some awesome music to share.
We need you to be able to talk, hear and see well enough to perform all your job tasks. You will need to use your hands and arms to complete work tasks. We may occasionally ask you to lift boxes or materials up to 25lbs. On occasions that you work outside the office, you may be exposed to unpleasant weather. If you are concerned about any of these requirements or need assistance with any of these, talk to us so we can make a reasonable accommodation for you.