Finance · New York
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL and with a strong presence in New York City, Nashville, and major music markets across the world. We focus on distributing, promoting and developing great independent music from artists, record labels, and many more. Not only do we want to work with some prolific creators, we want to also work with creative, passionate, positive and forward thinking individuals. Maybe this is you? If so, then below you will find an opportunity to join Symphonic. As a company, we want to have an environment that is inclusive, diverse and accepting so that everyone, regardless of their background, race or sexual orientation has a chance to do great things in the industries of music, tech and marketing.
IN A NUTSHELL
We are looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented Royalties Manager who has strong leadership skills and the ability to work independently, as well as coordinate with team members. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the music industry, including experience with large volumes of royalty data, experience with complex data models and system workflows, and advanced proficiency in SQL. This is a critical role that interacts with finance team members, clients, business partners, and multiple departments. This position reports to the Director of Royalties. The location is flexible/remote, with a preference for the Tampa, FL area, the New York City tri-state area, or the Nashville, TN area.
Compensation range is from $58,000 to $90,000 annually, depending on the location and applicable years of experience of the selected individual.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO
- Coordinate and participate with a team that compiles and processes large volumes of music royalty data from many sources and formats
- Maintain a high level of royalty data quality, including complex contract models and distribution rates
- Suggest improvements and best practices to enhance the royalties function
- Identify, communicate and solve complex issues
- Plan and execute work independently and take ownership of your area
- Achieve robust goals and turnaround times within a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment
- Provide and coordinate niche client support and reporting regarding royalty-related matters
- Produce a variety of reports and/or dashboards
- Maintain and/or create documentation of royalty-related processes
- Contribute to evolving our technology, processes, and culture
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience working with complex, large data sets in a professional environment
- Advanced proficiency with Transact-SQL, mySQL, and relational databases
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel, as well as CSV and TAB delimited data
- Incredible attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking
- Knowledge of best practices in royalty data scrubbing and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter who can effectively collaborate and coordinate with remote colleagues
WHAT ELSE WILL BE HELPFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- Experience with music royalties data
- Experience with Snowflake and/or Mode
- Experience with data-driven Software as a Service (SaaS) applications
- Experience with remote client support / virtual help desk
- Experience with accounting concepts and data
- Curiosity and a drive to continuously learn and improve
- Motivation and energy to work with a sense of urgency while producing an excellent level of quality
- Love for music
- This position reports to the Director of Royalties
- This position will be based in Nashville, TN, New York City tri-state area or Tampa, FL, depending on the selected individual.
Symphonic Distribution enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience. The company focuses on working with: record labels, artists, managers, producers, social media influencers, and even distributors just like us to get their messages seen and heard.
While our core business is to distribute music digitally and physically for the many talented creators that we have the honor of working with, we focus on a number of services, such as: Physical Distribution, User Generated Content Monetization on YouTube, Tik Tok, Triller, Instagram, Release Promotion such as Playlist pitching, marketing diagnostics, strategy and a number of other very important services to ensure that creators are maximizing and collecting on as many royalties as possible.
Symphonic also showcases one of the largest partnership networks available, partnering with Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon, and many other services where music can be consumed on. Check out more about us on our website at www.symphonic.com.