Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company with headquarters in Tampa, FL. We focus on distributing electronic, hip-hop, and urban music in general. We pride ourselves in finding the newest, most talented up-and-coming bands, producers, rappers, managers, and labels with promise of developing long careers.
We are currently looking for a full time Playlist Promotion Manager to join our team!
If you are a person who works music into almost every conversation and you are always in a conversation; if you could sell paper to a tree (orally or in writing) and would enjoy every minute of it; and if friends and acquaintances constantly turn to you for suggestions for new music genuinely trusting your recommendations because 99% of the time they are absolutely pleased, this job may be for you!
Reporting to the Director of Client Marketing & Playlist Promotion and based in New York City, NY the Playlist & Promotions Manager will be responsible for pitching for playlist placement on several digital platforms. This role will collaborate as needed with team members from Marketing and Client Acquisition & Relations to ensure pitches are accurate with the intended audience’s preferences to meet their expectations.
- Collaborate with the Playlist & Influencer Coordinator on research findings to identify potential pitches.
- Pitch playlist placement for artists and projects across various platforms.
- Make and maintain key relationships with digital platform partners and playlist editors.
- Stay apprised of new developments with playlists on assigned platforms and communicate those with the marketing team
- Manage assignments and projects efficiently to ensure sales expectations are met.
- High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or business-related field preferred.
- Deep passion for and knowledge for music
- 1-2 years of experience maintaining DSP relationships at a record label, distributor, management company, publisher, or agency.
- Must have familiarity with playlisting best practices across a host of platforms
- Must have proven deep relationships with external partners
- Must have a proven record of having excellent sales skills
- Must have proficiency using Google’s G Suite of productivity applications (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be energetic and have a dynamic personality that enjoys human interaction and building relationships quickly. Positive attitude!
About Symphonic Distribution:
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company founded by music producer Jorge Brea in 2006. Headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL with offices in major music markets throughout the world, Symphonic provides thousands of new and established record labels, managers and individual artists with global digital music distribution to hundreds of retail and streaming platforms, playlist pitching, release promotion, and a comprehensive suite of label services. Symphonic enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience.
Symphonic Distribution is an Equal Opportunity Employer