Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company based in downtown Tampa, FL. We focus on distributing electronic, hip-hop, and urban music in general. We pride ourselves in finding the newest, most talented up-and-coming bands, producers, rappers, managers, and labels with promise of developing long careers.
We are currently looking for a full time Playlist & Influencer Coordinator to join our team. Based out of our Tampa, FL location, this position will report to the Director of Client Marketing & Playlist Promotion.
If you have an encyclopedic knowledge of music in general, follow tons of playlists priding yourself on knowing all the best and newest ones and have always wanted to get paid for this skill, this job may be for you!
Our ideal candidate is constantly scouring the web for new music deep into the sub-genres of electronic, hip-hop, and/or Latin/urban music.
- Research and catalog playlists and influencers within the electronic, hip-hop, and Latin/urban genres.
- Find influencers with the largest reach, most authority and with the most popular content around the electronic, hip hop and Latin/urban music genre by using keywords, hashtags, social media monitoring tools, and analyzing demographic data.
- Identify influencers who may be receptive to the message Symphonic will be promoting.
- Build up and nurture relationships with identified influencers that rule our target genres.
- Learn from the playlists that people create, paying attention to keywords, expressions, emojis, etc. used in the creation of the playlist.
- Curate Symphonic and Noiseporn playlists to ensure they are solid and consistent.
- Provide information, analysis, reports, and findings to the Director of Client Marketing & Playlist Promotion and other members of the Client Relations & Acquisition and Marketing departments, as needed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Deep passion for emerging music
- 1-2 years of experience working in the music industry at a record label, distributor, management company, publisher, or agency.
- Must have excellent investigative ability for internet-based research
- Must have proficiency using Google’s G Suite of productivity applications (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Must have familiarity with Apple Music and Spotify
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be energetic and have a dynamic personality that enjoys human interaction and building relationships quickly. Positive attitude!
About Symphonic Distribution:
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company founded by music producer Jorge Brea in 2006. Headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL with offices in major music markets throughout the world, Symphonic provides thousands of new and established record labels, managers and individual artists with global digital music distribution to hundreds of retail and streaming platforms, playlist pitching, release promotion, and a comprehensive suite of label services. Symphonic enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience.
Symphonic Distribution is an Equal Opportunity Employer