Symphonic Distribution is a rapidly growing, technology-focused provider of digital music distribution and related services and is looking to expand its in house marketing team to provide enhanced support to distributed record labels and artists.
We are currently looking for a Manager, Label & Artist Marketing to add to our expanding Marketing team. The position so to be based in our New York office. This is a brand new management role.
We were founded in 2006 and now serve over 13,000 record labels and direct artists worldwide, delivering music to streaming and download platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music/iTunes, Beatport, TIDAL, Pandora, Amazon and more.
As a record label and artist-focused organization, we have a longstanding reputation of providing great customer service and ensuring that everyone associated with Symphonic is able to compete on the same playing field as a major record label.
Since our inception, we have been committed to ongoing development of new technologies in the form of in-house systems, and have expanded our offerings to include Video Distribution, Publishing Administration, Neighboring Rights, Marketing, Sync Licensing, Mastering, Web and Graphic design, YouTube / Soundcloud Monetization, and Piracy Protection services.
Throughout the years, we have expanded our operations to Brooklyn, NY, and Denver, CO, as well as Spain, the Dominican Republic and Colombia. We were built with a bootstrap mindset and recently received $4 million in growth funding to continue an aggressive expansion.
- Manage a small team of Label & Artist Marketing Specialists out of the New York office.
- Assist in the development, creation, and execution of marketing campaigns, plans, and strategies for Symphonic Distribution artists and record labels.
- Identify priority releases and pitch to digital service providers, blog editors, third party websites, user-generated playlist makers, and more in order to achieve feature placements. For services such as Apple Music, Spotify, and more.
- Conduct periodic strategy calls with digital service providers for the purpose of pitching and discussing updates from record labels and artists.
- Advise clients in an ongoing basis on their digital strategy; best practices, release scheduling, budgeting, highlighting current trends to drive awareness and traffic. The Manager, Label & Artist Marketing will further invigorate clients and work with sales to pitch creative and marketing services on an as needed basis
- Conducting market research and analyzing sales data to identify new potential revenue opportunities
- Manage Marketing support inquiries via our Help Center (Zendesk) on a daily basis
- Keep abreast of all industry developments and music business marketplace be ready to utilize this knowledge in your day-to-day work and advice to labels via blog content, podcasting and more.
- Participate and represent Symphonic in industry specific trade shows, events and/or conferences
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the music industry/marketing
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of computer skills including: MS Office, GoogleDrive and Dropbox
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Huge music fan, awareness of music business marketplace