Business Development · Seoul, Gangwon (Remote)
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL and with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Nashville, Miami, Denver, Montreal, Mexico City, Sao Paulo and Bogota. We focus on distributing great independent music.
If it sounds good, looks good, and has a meaningful message, we want to be a part of it. We pride ourselves in finding the newest, most talented up-and-coming record labels, artists, bands, rappers, managers, and producers with a promise of developing long careers. The Manager, A&R & Business Development will work remotely full time in Singapore, being on the front lines of finding that talent.
In a Nutshell
Our Manager, A&R & Business Development lives and breathes music. This role will focus on helping to ensure that all clients that are interested in Symphonic are the right ones for Symphonic Distribution to service while helping to bring in business through outreach efforts.
Teaming up with the Inbound & CRM Manager, our Manager, A&R & Business Development is given the resources and freedom to research, recruit and retain talented clients through all available industry channels.
What you will do
- Manage incoming applications for new and existing business.
- Decide if a client is Symphonic material based on their application, your research and industry knowledge. You will personally sign qualified clients to Symphonic.
- Familiarize yourself with the various client options at Symphonic based on potential client size and direct clients down the proper paths (Partner vs. Starter, etc.) upon receipt of application.
- Over time, recruit and develop team members in areas such as Client Marketing and A&R
- A&R outreach to prospective clients.
- Use lead generation tools to contact prospective clients on a weekly basis.
- Ensure proper follow ups and deal movements through the deal pipeline.
- Manage the Corporate and Client Marketing functions for the region partnering with meetings to help the business develop and pitch new clients.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
What you need to have
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to read, speak and write English fluently
- 3 years of music industry experience
- Deep passion for emerging music
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An energetic and dynamic personality that enjoys human interaction and building relationships quickly. Positive attitude!
- Professionalism and respect for others
- Ability to stay motivated and focused, even when tasks are repetitive
- Expert level user experience of Spotify, YouTube, etc. and extensive knowledge of emerging playlists. Must have experience searching for and finding excellent music!
What would set you apart?
- Experience in HubSpot, Google’s G Suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- This position reports to a Senior Management team member
- Minimal travel is required
About Symphonic Distribution
Symphonic Distribution enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience. The company focuses on working with: record labels, artists, managers, producers, social media influencers, and even distributors just like us to get their messages seen and heard.
While our core business is to distribute music digitally and physically for the many talented creators that we have the honor of working with, we focus on a number of services, such as: Physical Distribution, User Generated Content Monetization on YouTube, Tik Tok, Triller, Instagram, Release Promotion such as Playlist pitching, marketing diagnostics, strategy and a number of other very important services to ensure that creators are maximizing and collecting on as many royalties as possible.
Symphonic also showcases one of the largest partnership networks available, partnering with Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon, and many other services where music can be consumed on. Check out more about us on our website at www.symdistro.com