Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL and with a strong presence in New York City, NY and major music markets around the world. We focus on distributing all genres, including: Hip-hop, Latin, Electronic music, and more. If it sounds good, looks good, and has a meaningful message, we want to be a part of it. We pride ourselves in finding the newest, most talented up-and-coming record labels, artists, bands, rappers, managers, and producers with a promise of developing long careers.
In a Nutshell //
Reporting to the COO and working closely with the Chief Client Officer and other Senior Management in New York City, Symphonic has an immediate opening for an experienced, dynamic leader for its newly created role of Head of Client Marketing to lead our innovative client marketing efforts worldwide.
We are a fast growing, entrepreneurial company with offices in New York, Tampa, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, and Bogota, Colombia. Our client marketing mission is to use the best of modern digital marketing techniques blended with old school hustle to provide nimble, creative, and powerful campaigns that fit the needs of all sizes of artists in all regions of the world.
You are an innovative, experienced, digital-native with an contagious entrepreneurial spirit, who’s used to working in a fast-evolving business culture. You’ve personally overseen global campaigns for artists, with demonstrable results illustrating your vision, implementation methods, and analysis. You’re a team builder with outstanding leadership skills and enjoy the process of mentoring junior employees while managing different projects with different nuances and deadlines. You are solution driven with a “can-do” attitude for all situations, no task too big or too small to handle.
What you will do //
- Manage and direct the Playlist and Client Marketing departments representatives including product/client/marketing managers, located in New York, Nashville, and Bogota.
- Develop and oversee all marketing strategies and initiatives for distributed and in-house label/artist releases.
- Be the first point of contact for all things marketing, ensuring that staff members have the proper service and that you pipe in individuals as needed.
- Optimize internal workflows to efficiently create and track marketing campaigns performed by individuals in different countries
- Seek out strategic brand partnerships for our artists and label brands
- Look for creative opportunities to gain exposure for our artists outside the “normal” marketing sphere and work with the various departments
- Work with all departments to create new initiatives for the company to effectively maximize consumption of our music
- Maintain excellent and productive communication and relationships with artists and their representatives (managers, agents, etc)
- Establish and manage company-wide processes & communications to key stakeholders across the business. Understand and help define key areas to collaborate with those groups (including Client Managers, Support, Accounting, etc.)
- Create a strategy and execute marketing plans, monitor KPIs, manage and create budgets, communicate effectively across the global teams, build meaningful relationships and take the initiative to drive projects forward.
What you need to have //
- Minimum of 10 years of music marketing experience, with 5+ years working on digital marketing campaigns and 5+ years experience leading highly functioning teams with a proven track record of developing marketing programs that scale.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Business, Business or related field
- Experience in artist development
- Strong relationships with major DSPs globally including Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, and Amazon, and the independent music, PR, artist and label communities.
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment.
- Ability to influence others; handle conflict appropriately, know when to delegate issues to the team, and when to apply common sense.
- Deep appreciation for music, especially Hip-hop, Latin Urban, and Electronic
- Ability to travel, sometimes 30% of the time
What would set you apart //
- Fluency in Spanish language
- Position reports to Chief Operating Officer
- Position reports to the Brooklyn, NY location
About Symphonic Distribution
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company founded by music producer Jorge Brea in 2006. Headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL with offices in major music markets throughout the world, Symphonic provides thousands of new and established record labels, managers and individual artists with global digital music distribution to hundreds of retail and streaming platforms, playlist pitching, release promotion, and a comprehensive suite of label services. Symphonic enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience.