Symphonic Distribution – a rapidly growing, technology-focused provider of digital music distribution and related services – is looking for a Head of Client Acquisition (Sales) to help expand its offering and grow their activity worldwide.
The successful individual will manage Content Development Specialists located in Latin America, USA markets and cities, and other international territories such as the UK, Africa, etc.
Symphonic was founded in 2006 and now serves over 13,000 record labels and direct artists worldwide, delivering music to streaming and download platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music/iTunes, Beatport, TIDAL, Pandora, Amazon and more.
This role may be based in Tampa, Florida and/or Brooklyn, NY and will require the individual to conduct weekly calls with the Content Development Specialists, to manage opportunities using CRM software and directly report to Sr. Management.
In addition, the individual must have….
A deep knowledge of various music industry territories, genres, and key independent labels, as well as the experience and knowledge to negotiate and sign complex distribution deal is essential as Symphonic continues to drive its client (labels and artists) acquisition and marketing operations in various regions. Reporting directly to the CEO and CFO, the representative will be leading a small but energetic group in various cities and regions and help define and implement the group sales strategy and orientation for various regions. The successful candidate will drive the acquisition strategy, lead high level negotiations and identify relevant business development opportunities to develop. She/he will ensure to always provide the highest quality of service to our clients (labels and artists) and actively contribute to building their success in the digital space.
The role would suit a self-motivated and entrepreneurial individual with a wealth of experience in the independent music sector and will come from a distribution background with a clear understanding of the digital music industry. The ideal candidate will equally be able to attract established, notable and successful labels to Symphonic Distribution, as well as to identify new and upcoming labels with long-term development potential. She/he will be able to provide high level strategic analysis of each market and be able to understand and anticipate its evolution.
The role involves:
- Reaching out to well established record labels and artists with support from Content Development Specialists (A&R’s)
- Manage the overall team, ensure there is a stable and solid pipeline via a CRM software and reporting to senior management on key opportunities.
- Crafting, pricing, and refining our label/artist service offerings. (Lyric Videos, EPK’s, etc.)
- Ongoing – Build out and refine Content Development Specialist team.
YOU MUST HAVE/BE THE FOLLOWING
- At least 10 years experience and success in A&R and label acquisition.
- Access to C-level executive and decision makers in all key independent labels.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Analytical and result driven.
- Knowledge of the digital music landscape, distributors and music platforms.
- Management experience and ability to handle remote and culturally different teams.
- Experience developing new businesses and partnerships opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills
- A Passionate self starter able to work without direct supervision
- A desire to meet short and long term targets
- Available for frequent international travels
- Fluent Spanish and English. Portuguese is a plus.
Pleas email email@example.com to apply.