Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company based in downtown Tampa.
We focus on distributing electronic, hip-hop, and urban music in general. We pride ourselves in finding the newest, most talented up-and-coming bands, producers, rappers, managers, and labels with promise of developing long careers.
Symphonic Distribution is looking for an experienced, reliable and energetic individual to be its Content Coordinator (UGC & Rights Management) based out of the New York location.
This role is focused on UGC Platforms and rights clearances for Symphonic Distribution and is vital in protecting the intellectual property rights of our clients.
In addition, responsibilities include overseeing the administration of YouTube Monetization (Content ID & Channel Monetization), Soundcloud Monetization, Facebook, and United Media Agency (VK).
What you will do
- Research and resolve rights-related issues, such as user disputes, YouTube ownership conflicts, 3rd party claims, and copyright strikes. Execute quality assurance, auditing and process improvement initiatives.
- Provide an extraordinary level of support to internal and external customers, including clients, rightsholders and partners (e.g. YouTube, Soundcloud, etc.) to ensure that rights-related issues get resolved immediately (e.g. responding to internal and external email requests and inquiries).
- Perform monthly audits of Soundcloud and YouTube Monetization based clients and assets being monetized with the assistance of the Operations & Reporting Specialist and other departments.
- Communicate top performing Soundcloud and/or YouTube assets to the Client Marketing and Company Marketing teams for additional promotion.
- Work efficiently and accurately within Symphonic Distribution’s internal systems, YouTube’s CMS, and YouTube.com to optimize revenue-earning processes and foster the growth of our clients’ content.
- Review, update, and audit content maintained in YouTube’s CMS with a high level of detail, speed, and accuracy.
- Ensure the processes of each service are clear to the customer, teaming up with the Customer Support Coordinator and Technology departments. Review the services on the front-end websites,
- SymphonicMS system(s), and our knowledge base (Symphonic Help Desk).
- Onboard clients to YouTube and Soundcloud as needed and ensure that music is being monetized across channels, profiles, and more.
- Communicate marketing opportunities and/or ideas to better grow the services as well as outside services to the Client Marketing and Company Marketing managers.
- Provide consistent reporting to the Chief Client Officer & General Manager of New York on the “wins” of the company, such as ownership conflicts won on YouTube, amount of Soundcloud monetized views gains weekly/monthly, new account signings, conversions from other percentages, and/or new client sign ups.
- Interface with partner and clients for statements, ingestion of new releases and to get complete understanding of the service and its pros, cons, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Improve overall service by communicating enhancements and getting relevant updates from departments responsible for those improvements.
- Explore new and creative ways to grow the business from a Licensing, Publishing, Neighboring Rights and YT/Soundcloud Monetization perspective.
- Support the Senior Director of Synch Licensing to organize and manage content for placement into visual media like film, television and advertising
- Maintain and manage content and rights related to Symphonic Distribution’s Neighboring Rights Administration program
What you need to have
- Must have at least 1 year of related experience or training.
- Must have deep knowledge and experience in YouTube CMS.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office/Google Apps.
- High school diploma required.
What will set you apart
- Experience in the music industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in in a business, music or technology or related field.