Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL and with offices in Brooklyn, Nashville, Denver, and Bogota, Colombia. We focus on distributing, promoting, and developing great independent music from artists, record labels, and many more. Not only do we want to work with some great and prolific creators, we want to also work with creative, passionate, positive, and forward-thinking individuals. Maybe this is you? If so, then below you will find an opportunity to join Symphonic. As a company, we want to have an environment that is inclusive, diverse, and accepting so that everyone, regardless of their background, race, or sexual orientation, has a chance to do great things in the industries of music, tech, and marketing. The Client Manager will work full time along out of our Nashville office location with some cool perks as well as ensuring that as an individual you have the proper work/life balance.
In a nutshell //
The Client Manager will manage relationships with Symphonic’s prospective and existing artist and label clients across various genres and sub-genres, spearheading key signings, priority release development, and will act as the primary go-to for a key segment of our client base. This position will maintain a healthy balance of the job that must be done during the day with the connection to the artists and music that happens at night.
What you will do //
- Nurture healthy and productive relationships with prospective and existing artist and label clients, and act as primary contact. Organize communication with clients and act as internal go-between among internal staff.
- Collaborate with Symphonic’s global team to plan and implement form-fitting release marketing strategies.
- Manage the daily logistics of release management (metadata standards, production, ingestion, take-downs,etc.)
- Plan, manage, and analyze the financial success of our client relationships (budget creation, tracking, and sales/streaming revenue analysis)
- Work in ZenDesk to track client contact and measure specific SLAs
- Anticipate problems and implement communication and tactical strategies to solve them.
- Assist in Corporate and Client Marketing meetings to help the business develop and pitch new clients.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
What you need to have //
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music or business-related field, or 4 years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and years of relevant experience.
- Must have at least two years of experience working in a key client relationship role at a record label, distributor, artist management company, or publisher, or agency, or DSP with the following qualities:
- A foundational understanding of the intricacies of streaming and download music retailers, metadata style guides, delivery and ingestion protocols and pricing models.
- Proven success in developing emerging artists or labels. Proven deep relationships or roots in the music industry community.
- Must be able to travel as needed (currently less than 10% expected travel time).
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business and industry specific periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures. Ability to write reports, business correspondence.
- Working knowledge of ZenDesk or similar ticketing platform
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Additional Insights //
- Reports to the Vice President, Client Relations in Tampa, FL
- This role reports to the Nashville office location.
About Symphonic Distribution
Symphonic Distribution enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience. The company focuses on working with: record labels, artists, managers, producers, social media influencers, and even distributors just like us to get their messages seen and heard. While our core business is to distribute music digitally and physically for the many talented creators that we have the honor of working with, we focus on a number of services, such as: Physical Distribution, User Generated Content Monetization on YouTube, Tik Tok, Triller, Instagram, Release Promotion such as Playlist pitching, marketing diagnostics, strategy and a number of other very important services to ensure that creators are maximizing and collecting on as many royalties as possible. Symphonic also showcases one of the largest partnership networks available, partnering with Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon, and many other services where music can be consumed on. Check out more about us on our website at www.symdistro.com