Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company with headquarters in Tampa, FL. We focus on distributing electronic, hip-hop, and urban music in general. We pride ourselves in finding the newest, most talented up-and-coming bands, producers, rappers, managers, and labels with promise of developing long careers.
We are currently looking for a full time Client Manager (Hip Hop) to join our team!
If you have worked at a label, distributor, publisher, or management company, and have had continued success developing emerging artists or labels; if you are deeply rooted in the hip-hop community in New York, and can maintain a healthy balance of the job that must be done during the day with the connection to the artists and music that happens at night, then this job may be for you!
Reporting to the Chief Client Officer and based in New York City, the Client Manager (Hip-Hop) will manage relationships with Symphonic’s artist and label clients, spearheading key signings, priority release development, and will act as the primary go-to for a key segment of our client base.
- Nurture healthy and productive relationships with prospective and existing artist and label clients.
- Collaborate with Symphonic’s global team to plan and implement form-fitting marketing strategies.
- Manage the daily logistics of release management (metadata standards, production, ingestion, take-downs, etc.)
- Plan, manage, and analyze the financial success of our client relationships.
- Anticipate problems and implement communication and tactical strategies to solve them.
- High school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in music or business-related field preferred.
- Must have a deep love and knowledge of many sub-genres within the Hip-Hop genre.
- Must 2+ years working in a key client relationship role at a record label, distributor, management company, or publisher, or agency.
- Must have At least a foundational understanding of the intricacies of streaming music retailers, metadata, and pricing models.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with experience giving presentations.
- Must have very strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to explain complicated financial and technical matters to artists
- Must have proficiency using Google’s Suite of productivity applications.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Must have strong collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders.
- Must be able to go out and see shows and meet with clients at night, sometimes multiple times a week.
- Must be able to travel on a regular basis (potentially 25% of the time)
About Symphonic Distribution //
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company founded by music producer Jorge Brea in 2006. Headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL with offices in major music markets throughout the world, Symphonic provides thousands of new and established record labels, managers and individual artists with global digital music distribution to hundreds of retail and streaming platforms, playlist pitching, release promotion, and a comprehensive suite of label services. Symphonic enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience.