Business & Legal Affairs, Copyright & Content Manager
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL, and with offices around the globe including Brooklyn, Nashville and Bogota. We focus on distributing, promoting, and developing great independent music from artists, record labels, and many more. Not only do we want to work with some great and prolific creators, we want to also work with creative, passionate, positive, and forward thinking individuals. Maybe this is you? If so, then below you will find an opportunity to join Symphonic.
As a company, we want to have an inclusive, diverse, and accepting environment so that everyone, regardless of their background, race, or sexual orientation, has a chance to do great things in the industries of music, tech and marketing. The Business & Legal Affairs, Copyright & Content Manager will work full time remotely in Charlotte, North Carolina or Tampa, Florida and the position will come with some cool perks as well as ensuring that as an individual you have the proper work/life balance. Other locations will be considered. Some office hours may be required.
In a Nutshell
The Business & Legal Affairs, Copyright & Content Manager will be responsible for overseeing the claims management process, including researching, investigating and tracking the responses to the claims. In addition, this role will collaborate with the operations team to determine when improper activities need to be escalated to the business and legal affairs department and manage the response and activities related to same ensuring proper internal and external communications to all relevant stakeholders and parties.
What you will do under the direction of the General Counsel
- Obtain, analyze, and summarize the required documentation for matters being considered for infringement, fraud, and other types of improper activity and/or claims
- Review and respond daily to incoming claims and provide initial direction to copyright administration staff regarding the same
- Prepare detailed research and summaries related to potential claims for consistent review and discussion with
- General Counsel and other stakeholders
- Maintain complete and accurate tracking records of all activity and claims
- Prepare draft correspondence and settlement releases for review by General Counsel
- Use sound judgment in determining when to escalate matters for further review
- Collaborate with various teams within Symphonic to further investigate claims and/or coordinate activities related to claims
- Revise and update the process manual regularly as appropriate
- Assisting with training additional copyright and content staff as needed
- Assisting General Counsel with communications to DSP’s, clients and other related parties
- Other responsibilities as needed
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 years of experience in business & legal affairs in the Music Industry in a supervisory role
- Ability to review and apply basic contract principles in consideration of infringement claims, improper activity, and other client matters such as account terminations and content removal, and takedowns
- Ability to review and apply basic legal principles to assessing rights issues as they arise
- Advanced legal training and/or related experience
- Fluent in a Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Prior IP Rights and supervisory experience
- This position reports directly to the General Counsel in Charlotte, NC.
- This role will be based out of the Charlotte, North Carolina or Tampa, Florida areas.
- This position is remote, but may require office hours and/or travel as requested
Symphonic Distribution enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience. The company focuses on working with: record labels, artists, managers, producers, social media influencers, and even distributors just like us to get their messages seen and heard. While our core business is to distribute music digitally and physically for the many talented creators that we have the honor of working with, we focus on a number of services, such as: Physical Distribution, User Generated Content Monetization on YouTube, Tik Tok, Triller, Instagram, Release Promotion such as Playlist pitching, marketing diagnostics, strategy and a number of other very important services to ensure that creators are maximizing and collecting on as many royalties as possible.
Symphonic also showcases one of the largest partnership networks available, partnering with Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon, and many other services where music can be consumed on. Check out more about us on our website at www.symphonic.com.