Title: Business & Legal Affairs, Contract Administrator
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina (Remote)
Business & Legal Affairs, Contract Administrator
Symphonic Distribution is a 100% independent music distribution and marketing company headquartered in downtown Tampa, FL, and with offices around the globe including Brooklyn, Nashville and Bogota. We focus on distributing, promoting, and developing great independent music from artists, record labels, and many more. Not only do we want to work with some great and prolific creators, we want to also work with creative, passionate, positive, and forward thinking individuals. Maybe this is you? If so, then below you will find an opportunity to join Symphonic. As a company, we want to have an inclusive, diverse, and accepting environment so that everyone, regardless of their background, race, or sexual orientation, has a chance to do great things in the industries of music, tech and marketing.
The Business & Legal Affairs, Contract Administrator will work full time remotely in Charlotte, North Carolina or Tampa, Florida and the position will come with some cool perks as well as ensuring that as an individual you have the proper work/life balance. Other locations will be considered. Some office hours may be required.
In a Nutshell
The Business & Legal Affairs Contract Administrator will be “on the front lines” of contracts with the General Counsel – from creation to execution of agreed upon deal terms. This role will also be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of conditions.
What you will do under the direction of the General Counsel
- Manage the review, drafting and administration of Client, Partner and Service Agreements for final review and approval by General Counsel
- Assist in establishing and managing an enhanced contract ordering process for internal teams
- Assist in enhancing and managing internal contract administration process
- Create and maintain a database of contract terms and consistent tracking of same
- Assist in the creation of an enhanced contract filing and storage system; and training the Contract Manager for ongoing maintenance of same
- Assist with the creation, maintenance and administration of contract templates, including translations; and training contract administrator for ongoing maintenance of same
- Assist General Counsel with making process and procedure enhancements to internal legal policies across departments
- Draft correspondence
- Maintain active legal docket of all ongoing projects for the Legal Team
- Track all stages of contract ordering, negotiations and final execution
- Research and other responsibilities as needed
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years of experience as a business and legal affairs professional, preferably with a label, music distributor or other relevant music industry related experience
- Be a team player who takes initiative, and has a strong desire to play a key role in enhancing current process and procedure
- Strong project management skills with ability to efficiently prioritize and handle a high volume of agreements and projects at once in coordination with and at the direction of General Counsel
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent communication skills
- Sense of urgency in deadline driven role
- Great sense of humor
- Excellent management and organizational skills
What will set you apart
- Prior experience as a Paralegal or advanced Legal Degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in Spanish, Portuguese and/or French would be great
- Good taste in music is also a bonus!
- This position reports directly to the General Counsel in Charlotte, NC
- This role will be based out the Charlotte, North Carolina or Tampa, Florida areas.
- This position is remote but may require some office time as requested
- This role may require travel as requested up to 25% of the time
Symphonic Distribution enables content creators to fully maximize their music’s revenue and grow their global audience. The company focuses on working with: record labels, artists, managers, producers, social media influencers, and even distributors just like us to get their messages seen and heard. While our core business is to distribute music digitally and physically for the many talented creators that we have the honor of working with, we focus on a number of services, such as: Physical Distribution, User Generated Content Monetization on YouTube, Tik Tok, Triller, Instagram, Release Promotion such as Playlist pitching, marketing diagnostics, strategy and a number of other very important services to ensure that creators are maximizing and collecting on as many royalties as possible.
Symphonic also showcases one of the largest partnership networks available, partnering with Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Amazon, and many other services where music can be consumed on. Check out more about us on our website at www.symphonic.com.