Symphonic Distribution is a rapidly growing, technology-focused provider of digital music distribution and related services.
We were founded in 2006 and now serve over 13,000 record labels and direct artists worldwide, delivering music to streaming and download platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music/iTunes, Beatport, TIDAL, Pandora, Amazon and more.
We are currently looking for an A&R Specialist to join our growing team of professionals.
The location can be based in Latin America with a strong focus on Puerto Rico, Mexico, Colombia, and Brazil.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
As a record label and artist-focused organization, we have a longstanding reputation of providing great customer service and ensuring that everyone associated with Symphonic is able to compete on the same playing field as a major record label.
Since our inception, we have been committed to ongoing development of new technologies in the form of in-house systems, and have expanded our offerings to include Video Distribution, Publishing Administration, Neighboring Rights, Marketing, Sync Licensing, Mastering, Web and Graphic design, YouTube / Soundcloud Monetization, and Piracy Protection services.
Throughout the years, we have expanded our operations to Brooklyn, NY, and Denver, CO, as well as Spain, the Dominican Republic and Colombia. We were built with a bootstrap mindset and recently received $4 million in growth funding to continue an aggressive expansion.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Strategize with clients, Head of Sales, and other Content Acquisition team members to develop, execute, and manage sales campaigns
- Strengthen our client base by helping to diversify it. (Bringing in clients that specialize in Latin Urban, Hip Hop, and/or Electronic)
- Scout, study and find information on new and prospective clients across the genres of Latin Urban, Hip Hop, and/or Electronic
- Assemble detailed weekly reports on all new signings
- Prospect, attract and sign new labels and artists to distribution deals
- Renew selected current client contracts
- Coordinate new client “hand off” from Sales Division to Client Services
- Find opportunities to teach new and existing clients about additional services they can benefit from in order to increase sales, client satisfaction and loyalty
- Monitor industry trends and new digital features to compile and share best practices with other Symphonic Distribution divisions
- Educate clients and non-clients about Symphonic’s services and brands
- Schedule and assemble client business reviews
- Analyze sales performance provided by Finance to help identify and leverage growth
- Advise labels and artists on their digital strategy to maximize their online presence on music services
- Attend industry events on behalf of Symphonic Distribution. This includes traveling as needed to different locations across the country and around the world
- Develop, manage and maintain strong relationships with our diverse client force and digital service providers through monthly check-ins
- Identify, through detailed client management reports, new opportunities to increase revenue based upon findings and report to management
- Minimum 2 years of music industry experience in the field of client sales / acquisition
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build good relationships within the business
- Deadline driven with a strong sense of urgency to get the job done
- A rolodex / contact list of potential clients and record labels that we can reach out to
- Self-starter & resourceful
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Very energetic
- Experience with CRMs a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a team-oriented workplace and excellent interpersonal skills