The Special Projects Manager will oversee a number of high-level strategic partnership and project management duties across the SXSW events.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Consult, negotiate and execute integrated marketing partnerships with key strategic brands and media properties (in consultation with internal stakeholders).
- Work with teams internally to generate and develop new digital and content programs, partnerships, and sellable assets.
- Service clients and implement programs across SXSW Conference & Festivals (edu, Interactive, Film, Music). Make sure the event is a success for the client and for SXSW.
- Manage client partnership priorities and objectives with key external stakeholders.
- Act as account lead for a diverse group of strategic partners.
- Project Manage various initiatives and programs, including hiring and managing internal teams to fulfill.
- Ensure that all deliverables and marketing assets for Special Projects clients are fulfilled.
- BA/BS Degree and five years working experience in sales, partnerships, or digital marketing
- High level event management experience required
- Digital sales experience preferred
- Agency experience preferred
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Track record of leadership
- Current on industry news and trends
- Problem solver
- Team player
- Passion and a sense of humor
- Organized and detail oriented
- Thrives in fast paced environments
No direct reports
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
SXSW is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal, State and Local employment laws, including ADA.