The Exhibitions Department supports the creation and implementation of all SXSW-branded exhibitions with an emphasis on customer relations and logistics.
The Floor Manager will be tasked with overseeing advancement and onsite logistics for several exhibitions.
This job is seasonal and full-time from Sept. 2018 – April 2019.
Key job duties
- Responsible for production and logistics support of assigned SXSW-branded trade shows and public-facing exhibitions.
- Liaise between appropriate SXSW departments and exhibitions vendors to ensure proper coordination of production and maintain business relationships.
- Manage online exhibitor portals and deliverables for assigned exhibitions.
- Oversee placement of exhibitors on each of the assigned exhibitions.
- Ensure appropriate signage and branded elements are ordered for each assigned exhibition.
- Daily customer service communication and troubleshooting with assigned exhibitors.
- Knowledge of industries represented at the SXSW exhibitions.
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Working knowledge of production terminology and equipment.
- Previous experience in exhibition floor management desired.
- Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills possessing a keen ability to effectively communicate across internal teams, clients, vendors, temporary field staff and personnel.
- Able to work efficiently and productively under tight deadlines, in a group environment or independently.
- Able to work on evenings and weekends as required.
**Must be available through the duration of the event in March 2019**
Please submit resumes to [email protected]. Include “Exhibitions Floor Manager” in the subject line.