Supernature – Label Operations Manager
Supernature is an independent artist services company, serving the evolving needs of modern musicians and creators. We provide a range of flexible services, from distribution, marketing, creative and funding, through to full-scale artist management and development.
We are proud to support some of the most vital figures in the independent creator community, from emerging artists through to award-winning, household names.
At Supernature, we’re putting the power back into the hands of artists, so they can build successful, sustainable careers, without compromise. We believe many of the established practices of the music industry are unfair and unsuited to the needs of the modern creator, so we’re working to build something better.
We believe that via the work we do and the principles we promote, we can inspire widespread change. We’re looking for passionate, like-minded individuals to join us on our mission.
We’re a small, ambitious company; so to work here you’ll need to be a strong-willed, independent thinker, adaptable and solution-oriented, and comfortable with a high degree of responsibility – whatever your position. If this sounds like you, read on.
As Label Operations Manager at Supernature, you’ll take sole responsibility for complex digital and physical music supply chains, and management of a 1000+ recordings catalogue.
You’ll be the technical and logistical expert within Supernature, providing the rock-solid operational infrastructure that our artist-facing services rely on every day.
We’re looking for that person who is hungry to get under the bonnet and understand how every little detail works. We need someone with a highly process-driven and structured mindset. A critical-thinker with meticulous attention to detail, exceptional organisational ability, and a drive to independently problem-solve.
While this role is going to be most suitable for someone with previous experience working in production or supply chain at a record label / distributor, we are interested to hear from candidates who have the essential skills listed below (even if they don’t have relevant music industry experience).
Digital operations, digital supply chain and catalogue management:
- Proactively maintain Supernature’s music catalogue, ensuring stored assets and metadata are accurate and complete.
- Liaise with our marketing team and artists to manage internal scheduling, setup and approvals of all digital products (both audio and video), maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and timeliness.
- Manage digital deliveries via direct and aggregated deals using the Fuga platform.
- Work with Fuga’s support team and directly with DSP partners to troubleshoot and resolve any issues.
- Rights manage our catalogue digitally, including setting monetisation policies, managing claims/conflicts, and actioning copyright takedowns and infringements.
- Use the YouTube CMS platform to manage our catalogue on YouTube, liaising with YouTube’s Partner Operations team to troubleshoot any issues.
- Manage timely and accurate registration of recordings with PPL and international chart organisations.
Physical and merchandise operations and supply chain:
- Advise and support the marketing team to conceive, plan and deliver new products, and develop their physical music and merchandise businesses.
- Manage the budgets, P&L and pricing around physical and merchandise products.
- Develop and maintain relationships with trusted international manufacturers.
- Oversee the manufacture and delivery of products, maintaining high standards of quality and timeliness.
- Manage our artist online stores using the Ochre platform and Bandcamp, including creating product listings, optimising storefronts and managing stock movements.
- Work with Ochre’s support team to troubleshoot and resolve any issues. Ensure standards of customer service and fulfilment are met.
- Liaise with our retail partners on the retail needs of our artists, ensuring stock is available as needed. Manage all our mechanical registrations and licences with MCPS.
- Ensure the highest standards of communication, organisation and efficiency across all aspects of the Label Operations remit.
- Constantly optimise and improve our Label Operations tools, systems and processes.
- Develop strong working relations with our internal teams and clients. Be a trusted, reliable source of information and support for them. Provide operational training and best practice guidance, and improve understanding of Label Operations within our wider team.
- Liaise and develop strong working relationships with our external partners and suppliers.
- Proactively identify future Label Operations requirements.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of relevant platforms, trends and capabilities and communicate ongoing changes and developments to the team.
- Be an ambassador for Supernature and our unique approach to artist support, being able to understand, implement and promote our mission and values in your day-to-day work and interactions.
- A process-driven, technical mindset with exceptional organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- A proactive self-starter with an industrious, entrepreneurial nature and ability to take the initiative and problem-solve independently.
- A ‘service’ mindset. Someone who gets deep satisfaction out of doing the best they can for others.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills. Ability to listen, engage and work collaboratively with a diverse range of creative and professional people.
- Knowledgable about the current music and wider cultural landscape. A keen advocate for artistic freedom and equity in the creative industries. Aligned with our mission to make the industry a fairer, more sustainable place for artists.
- Experience working in operations or supply chain at a record label or distributor. Or experience having responsibility for digital music deliveries.
- Understanding of metadata and technical standards, delivery tools and systems, DSP systems, and common intricacies of the digital music supply chain.
- Experience working with the YouTube CMS platform (and ideally YouTube Music Certified).
- Experience working with physical supply chains (e.g. in music or beyond), with understanding of manufacturing, product management, D2C e-commerce and fulfilment processes.
At Supernature, we believe passionately in freedom and independence, so we adopt a progressive, flexible working policy. This allows you to choose your own schedule, take as much holiday as you need, and work from anywhere – as long as you are carrying out your responsibilities effectively.
We are committed to the growth and well-being of our team, providing regular training, team ‘workaway’ trips and confidential mental health support.
Supernature is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse workforce is critical for a more open, accessible music industry, so we encourage applicants from all cultures and backgrounds – particularly under represented communities.
How to apply
If you like the sound of this role, please fill out the application form here.
Remember to attach your CV, tell us why you want to work at Supernature, and why you’d be a great fit for our mission and the role.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away, but please note we will only contact successful applicants. Thank you for your interest in working with us.