Superfly has a newly created opportunity for a highly creative, culturally savvy, dynamic individual to join our Creative Team.
The Creative Director will work closely with the co-founders to develop and lead the Superfly live experience team in the planning and execution of brand events.
A large part of this role is establishing a foundation, systems and processes for the department in addition to providing strong leadership to our growing team.
The Creative Director will work in collaboration with the programming, event operations and creative teams to create innovative, dynamic live experiences. Our ideal candidate has over 8 years of lead creative experience with a specialization in live events and is an inspiring leader who enjoys developing and mentoring others while building a strong team around them.
Here’s what you’ll do:
● Lead in the ideation and creation of innovative, high impact, culturally dynamic live experiences.
● Take high level ideas and bring them to life with strong planning and execution.
● Help to establish and oversee an in-house and market-leading creative team that:
○ Creates aesthetically rich and cohesive event plans and schematics that help deliver market-leading customer journeys at all of Superfly’s festivals and events.
○ Generates clear, concise and informative presentational and planning tools that provide accurate briefs and benchmarking for Superfly’s Event Operations team and other operational departments.
○ Provides full-service and strategically-led solutions in relation to the conceptualization, design, sourcing and on-site delivery of small to mid-scale
stage and set design, event decor and other production design requirements for Superfly’s festivals and events.
● Develop and maintain relationships with artists, manufacturers, suppliers, set design fabricators and freelance craftsmen.
● Grow and evolve Superfly’s network of third party relationships with leading arts, culture, literary and lifestyle organizations, institutes, publishers and promoters in order to create a dynamic ability to deliver premium arts and content programming through recognized and high value partnerships.
● Work closely with in house production and operations team to connect what we are working on creatively with how projects are executed and delivered on site.
● Undertake the development and delivery of all arts and content programming activities for Superfly’s festivals and events subject to each show’s individual requirements and client briefs.
Your strengths include:
● Hands on knowledge of culture and the current media spectrum including high degree of fluency in entertainment (music, comedy, theatrical), live event and brand marketing.
● A strong command and understanding of creative execution across experiential, content, digital and social, with an emphasis on experiential.
● Strong storytelling skills and the ability to clearly convey ideas through proposals, decks and client-facing presentations.
● Multi-tasking and prioritizing with ease in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
● Computer skills, we’re talking Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Apps for business.
● Self-motivated, resourceful and detail-oriented. You get stuff done!
● You thrive in and contribute to a positive, collaborative and fun work environment!
● Minimum of 8 years of experience solving integrated marketing problems through
innovative, cutting edge creative solutions.
● Experience leading creative teams
● College degree preferred in fine arts, design, writing and/or marketing
● Experience planning and executing live events, preferably large-scale as well as boutique
music and arts festivals
● Strong developer of people
● Some might say you are internet and culture obsessed… in a good way
● Intellectual and technical horsepower- we’re talking Word, Excel (advanced), PowerPoint and Google Apps for business
Why work at Superfly:
We are idea evolvers, people lovers, music nerds and passionate humans who are constantly striving to enhance our industry leading-work. We have fun taking work seriously. We offer 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision benefits in addition to a flexible spending account, long-term disability, voluntary life insurance, commuter benefits, and IRA plan. We are an equal opportunity employer.