Studio Salamanca (the new name for Soviet Science) is a Hackney, East London based music production company specialising in bespoke composition for advertising.
Our founder, Scuta Salamanca, has built the company’s reputation over 20 years with a world class network of composers, artists, musicians and sound designers. We’re active members of the APA and we have picked up some industry awards on our journey so far….
Our vision over the next three years is to become the London bespoke music company that every London agency producer and creative wants to work with…not only because we are passionate about making amazing bespoke composition with amazing composer and producer talent….but also because we make their lives easier and we’re good people to hang out with.
Who are we looking for…
- You’re commercially driven
- You are naturally a confident, motivated and resilient person.
- You have strong communication and networking skills.
- You have a passion to succeed in a small team where you will be involved across all areas of the business.
- You are an ambitious self-starter, organised and self-motivated to deliver exceptional creative work whilst keeping a cool head.
- You love music and adverts.
- And… whilst all this is serious stuff …you’re fun to work with.
Is this you?
- Proactive in reaching company and personal sales targets.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Actively contributing with Marketing + Social Media – building company and personal profile in the press. Attending and entering industry events and awards.
- Managing multiple bespoke music production pipelines.
- Budget negotiation, creation, and control.
- Client and composer management.
- Organising sessions and contracts with musicians, vocalists and studios
- Expanding and maintaining our network of creative talent.
- Working closely with our sub-publisher.
- Working closely with Scuta on delivering world class work.
- You’re commercially driven and know how to create business opportunities.
- Managing people and timelines.
- Understanding the music production process, trends, and basic technical audio terms. Understanding of music licensing and rights.
- Audio editing to picture with Logic X.
You have a strong track record delivering world class bespoke music for moving image advertising. Minimum 3 years experience. Showreel of work required.
- £35k-£45k per annum + additional bonus structure. Dependent on experience.
Our studio and offices are based in a beautiful gated warehouse in Hackney. We believe in flexible working in and out of the office. 40 Hours per week + some national/international travel.
Studio Salamanca is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, religion, or sexual orientation.
Please send your CV with a covering letter up to 500 words + a showreel of commercials you have produced music for to [email protected]