Strut Records has an immediate opening for a product manager to help manage the day-to-day operations of the label and its releases.
Strut is one of the UK’s leading record labels dedicated to unearthing the lost gems of dance music past, covering music from hard funk, underground disco, original breaks and Nigerian Afrobeat to old skool hip hop and forgotten music library classics. Known for uncompromising high-quality packaging, our releases cut no corners, bringing together killer dancefloor tracks as well as giving a full context to the music, telling the story of the characters behind the tunes, the clubs and the scene of the time. The albums are mastered from original tapes wherever possible and feature extensive sleevenotes, researched and written by respected journalists, rare photographs and memorabilia.
TASKS WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage product logistics, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required internal specifications.
- Proof metadata on all incoming releases and provide feedback where necessary.
- Strategize and manage release campaign logistics from timely inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary.
- Work cross-functionally to create compelling pitches and campaigns for retail.
- Liaise with various departments, from finance and marketing to licensing and management to ensure all business needs are met.
- Assist in developing the label release schedule and ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist in finding licensors for obscure tracks and track down rights owners.
- Develop artwork concepts and create solid design briefs, researching additional information around particular releases and sourcing content.
- Assist in and source the creation of campaign assets
- Day-to-day management of album campaigns, including: setting timelines and ensure deadlines are met; communication with external PR teams, artists, and artist management; feed results back to internal marketing and sales teams,
- Handle logistics of merchandise and offer support to touring artists.
- Handle logistics of record fair sales.
- Administration and organisation of label catalogues and master tape recordings.
- Handling of D2C communication.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a relevant position
- Solid working knowledge of Strut label and the overall market for these areas of music
- A strong understanding of physical retail packaging and manufacturing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail is crucial
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications close 28 August