Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Social Media Manager in our Los Angeles office. The position will work closely with label’s Art Director, A&R and Project Managers to strengthen and expand Stones Throw’s brand identity and influence across social platforms as well as oversee and contribute to label’s artists’ social media strategies across all social platforms. Ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated individual with 3+ years professional social media experience in music with a deep knowledge of the music industry landscape. Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists’ music as well as a general passion for music is essential. Candidate should also have deep engagement with all relevant and emerging social media networks, digital platforms and music culture.
For consideration, please send a resume with a cover letter and/or portfolio to [email protected].
ABOUT STONES THROW
Stones Throw Records is an independent record label founded in 1996 by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roster, past touchstone releases include albums by Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc . The current roster includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson. Paak & Knxwledge), Automatic, Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Los Retros.
- Develop a deep understanding of Stones Throw’s history, branding and voice
- Collaborate with art director and wider team to develop label’s overarching social media strategy including improving Stones Throw’s brand profile, supporting current roster and highlighting label’s online store
- Manage label’s social media channels day-to-day, including copywriting as well as content creation and sourcing
- Maintain consistency in label’s voice and tone in copy across platforms.
- Collaborate with artists, artist management and label to develop social media strategies to integrate into artist marketing campaigns including sourcing engaging content and developing creative ways to present the artist and their releases
- Conduct social media audits of artists’ accounts and develop and deliver tailored best practice guidelines for artists
- Plan and maintain label social media calendar
- Plan and implement paid social media marketing campaigns for artists along with digital marketing team
- Develop relationships with account managers at social media platforms, finding new practices, new features and partnership opportunities to integrate into campaigns
- Commission and run influencer campaigns where appropriate
- Evaluate analytics around engagement and report to wider team to shape social media strategies
- Stay on top of latest developments and trends in social media and share with the wider team and artists
- Attend Stones Throw artist events and document on social media where appropriate
- Continue to highlight label’s history in addition to current roster and events.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Genuine passion for and knowledge of Stones Throw’s music and history
- Demonstrable understanding of the Stones Throw social media voice and aesthetic
- Minimum 3 years professional social media experience working in the entertainment industry, ideally in the space
- Extremely strong knowledge of all social media platforms and their B2B platforms
- Passion for the latest developments in the social media and digital marketing landscape
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong eye for compelling creative digital content
- Demonstrable skill at increasing social media engagement and following
- Ability to work effectively within a team and communicate large amounts of data and information clearly and concisely
- Experience working with budgets, and resourceful when budgets are limited
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Graphic design and video editing skills a plus
College degree required
- Paid Health Insurance Plan and Premium
- 401 K Matching
- Paid Holidays including end of year closure from Dec.24 – Jan 1.
- Paid Time Off
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.