Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Senior Project Manager in our Los Angeles office who is prepared to hit the ground running. The ideal candidate is a creative, self-motivated individual with minimum 3-5 years music business experience in marketing, project management and/or artist management with a deep knowledge of the music industry landscape and demonstrable experience in breaking artists. Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists’ music as well as a general passion for music is essential. Ability to stay organized, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize a heavy workload independently in a busy work environment is a must. Candidate should be familiar with the workings of an independent record label and have deep engagement with relevant and emerging social media networks, trends in the music industry, successful artist and record campaigns, digital platforms, media and music culture.
For consideration, please send a resume with a cover letter to [email protected].
ABOUT STONES THROW
Stones Throw Records is an independent record label founded in 1996 by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roster, past touchstone releases include albums by Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc . The current roster includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson. Paak & Knxwledge), Automatic, Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Los Retros.
- Work with key staff members to develop, execute and implement ambitious and effective marketing ideas, campaigns and timelines.
- Interface with artists, managers, publicists, booking agents, radio promotion and other 3rd party partners
- Be the internal and external point of contact for an artist and oversee campaigns from the beginning to end
- Oversee marketing budgets for artist campaigns
- Create regular reports of all marketing work and updates on individual campaigns to be shared with Stones Throw staff and our partners at distribution, DSPs, external marketing agencies and artist management.
- Co-manage junior project managers
- Create one sheets and sales updates
- Prepare releases for digital and physical production with production manager, creative director and digital staff
- Liaise with key staff members to tailor digital strategies to individual artists and campaigns
- Pitch developing artists to booking agents and work closely with live agents and venues to incorporate live strategy into record campaigns
- Develop and maintain contacts in the creative services (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.) and oversee creation of creative content including music videos, online campaigns and other promotional marketing assets
- Pitch and develop creative ideas for campaigns
- Develop marketing partnerships to align label and artists with brands and their music programs
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners outside of the traditional music retail sphere, including new media platforms, brand partnerships and lifestyle marketing
- Some in-house radio and press.
- Some copywriting for bios, one sheets, blurbs etc . . .
- Stay up to date with developments in the music industry.
- Attend label events and artist shows
- Relationships in music and related industries including press, radio, booking agencies, brands, tastemakers, etc.
- Contacts in the creative services arena (e.g. video directors, videographers, photographers, designers, etc.)
- Resourceful at working within independent label budgets.
- College degree required
- Paid Health Insurance Plan and Premium
- 401 K Matching
- Paid Holidays including end of year closure from Dec.24 – Jan 1.
- Paid Time Off
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.