Stones Throw Records is seeking a full-time Project Coordinator based in our Los Angeles office. This is a supportive role working closely with the marketing team, which includes project managers, project coordinators, and digital marketing and sales staff.
The ideal candidate is organized, self-starting and willing to take on a range of responsibilities. With some professional experience (1+ years working in a music industry position), the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate attention to detail, ability to juggle multiple tasks, and passion for learning about different facets of music marketing.
Familiarity with the label, our fan base and our artists’ music, as well as a general passion for music, is essential.
For consideration, please send a resume with a cover letter and/or portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT STONES THROW
Stones Throw Records is an independent record label founded in 1996 by DJ Peanut Butter Wolf with offices in Los Angeles and London. Known for a richly diverse roster, past touchstone releases include albums by Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, Mayer Hawthorne, Dam-Funk and Aloe Blacc . The current roster includes artists such as Sudan Archives, Mild High Club, Knxwledge, Mndsgn, Benny Sings, NxWorries (Anderson. Paak & Knxwledge), Jerry Paper, John Carroll Kirby, Kiefer and Automatic.
- Project Coordinators support the project managers with specific campaigns, as well as doing more general tasks.
- Contribute marketing ideas in regular meetings and research new opportunities for our artists.
- Attend meetings and make notes.
- Save and label assets in asset libraries.
- Compile clearly formatted and comprehensive campaign updates in a timely manner.
- Weekly sales reporting.
- Assist with the production of value adds, merch, and other items.
- Attend shows, help organize showcases and events, and help with guestlists and/or merch on the night when needed.
- Create visually compelling pitching decks to be used throughout campaigns.
- Some in-house press and radio for certain campaigns.
- Ensure artist profiles on DSPs and socials are up to date and visually consistent.
- Create press releases and fill out launch plans.
- Share assets with third parties.
- Contact tastemakers with new releases and events and help build out our directory of tastemakers and VIPs.
- Assist with creative, e.g. book video locations, source stylists and photographers, help schedule shoots.
- Other ad hoc assistance where needed.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Genuine passion for and knowledge of Stones Throw’s music and history.
- Minimum 1 years professional experience working in the music industry
- A good attention to detail and visual presentation is essential.
Strong communication skills, especially the ability to write fluently and clearly.
- Flexibility in working hours
- 2x WFH days per week
- Paid health insurance plan and premium
- 401K matching
- Paid holidays including end of year closure from Dec.24 – Jan 1.
- Paid time off
Stones Throw is an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favorably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.